Noun(1) a state of surviving; remaining alive(2) a natural process resulting in the evolution of organisms best adapted to the environment(3) something that survives
(1) This discrepancy at birth is evened out later on, as the girl child has better instincts of survival .(2) the animal's chances of survival were pretty low(3) The authors concluded that early surgical intervention is associated with improved long-term survival in patients with infectious endocarditis.(4) After a heart attack the victim's chances of survival decrease by ten per cent with every passing minute.(5) He mentioned five cultural practices which are operating against the survival of our species.(6) More chemotherapy improved overall survival compared with less chemotherapy, regardless of age.(7) Median survival in these 11 patients was 26 months.(8) All that's left to him is to develop his instincts for survival by making choices.(9) When governments realize that their own survival depends upon such agreements, then they will accept such agreements.(10) Right now, the city's economic survival depends on attracting and retaining businesses.(11) However, emerging data suggest that graft survival after lung transplantation is set to improve.(12) his shorts were a survival from his army days(13) He sees this as a crucial move to ensure the longterm survival of democracy in Namibia.(14) For instance, later germination may enhance seedling survival but decrease seed yield.(15) Increased rainfall may affect nest survival positively by influencing predation rates.(16) New laws now regulate the harvesting of herbs such as ginseng, to insure that species survival isn't threatened.
(1) survival of the fittest :: oorlewing van die sterkste
(2) survival kit :: survival kit
(3) survival equipment :: oorlewing toerusting
(4) survival horror :: oorlewing horror
(5) matter of survival :: saak van oorlewing
1. endurance ::
survival, survivalist, survivalists, survivals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And the world out there
is marked by SURVIVAL,
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
This is about SURVIVAL.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 8
Isn't their SURVIVAL more important
than your pride?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 4
I'll say whatever I need to say
to ensure the SURVIVAL of our house.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
We did overnight SURVIVAL
training in the wilderness.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 18
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: survival
Meaning and definitions of survival, translation in Afrikaans language for survival with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of survival in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "survival"
What survival means in Afrikaans, survival meaning in Afrikaans, survival definition, examples and pronunciation of survival in Afrikaans language.