Noun(1) one of greater rank or station or quality(2) the head of a religious community(3) a combatant who is able to defeat rivals(4) the largest freshwater lake in the world; the deepest of the Great Lakes(5) a town in northwest Wisconsin on Lake Superior across from Duluth(6) a character or symbol set or printed or written above and immediately to one side of another character
Adjective(1) of high or superior quality or performance(2) of or characteristic of high rank or importance(3) (sometimes followed by `to'(4) written or printed above and to one side of another character(5) having an orbit farther from the sun than the Earth's orbit(6) having a higher rank(7) (often followed by `to'
(1) If the code is followed in your workplace, you should be made aware of allegations or complaints against you by a colleague or superior .(2) He is equal parts superior , insecure, vain, snobbish, and fearful.(3) It happened almost ten years ago when the religious superior of my Franciscan Friary advised the priests in the community that we would no longer assist in local churches on weekends since there were so few priests in the house.(4) And sometimes, US drama is superior to the UK equivalent.(5) Yet DeGaulle and a small group of partisans went underground and refused to accept the superior power of the German army.(6) Fully automating these tests is a luxury that can go a long way to getting a superior product to the consumer.(7) It has a superior , snotty tone that reminds one of the problems some candidates have had in wooing the average American voter.(8) It is not true that the essays are superior to the novels, but they have a sustained perfection that the novels do not match.(9) Without question, the DTS is the superior track here as it's fuller, richer, and more expansive.(10) It is vastly superior to the previous two films.(11) No war lord is prone to acknowledge any limits other than those imposed on him by a superior armed force.(12) The elegant expressions of Parisian Cubism are the superior works of art if you value subtle composition and exquisite harmonies of tone.(13) The upper horns (or superior cornua) meet the back of the hyoid bone, while the inferior cornua are attached to the side of the cricoid, forming a pivotal joint.(14) Liberal democracy reflects the normative orientation that people and their rights are superior to government, with governments existing to secure those rights.(15) They were certainly physically superior to me.(16) The writing is often superior to most one-hour dramas. the extremely snappy and witty dialogue can elevate even the most clichÔö£┬« sit-com moments into pomo gems.
(1) superior quality :: uitstaande gehalte
(2) superior vena cava :: superior vena cava
(3) immediate superior :: onmiddellike hoof
(4) superior court :: hoërhof
(5) respondeat superior :: respondeat beter
(6) be superior :: wees beter
(7) mother superior :: ma beter
(8) superior officer :: meerdere beampte
1. higher-ranking ::
2. better ::
3. high-quality ::
4. good-quality ::
5. high-class ::
6. condescending ::
7. superscript ::
8. manager ::
9. higher-up ::
10. superscript ::
11. master ::
1. humble ::
2. lowly ::
3. modest ::
superior, superiority, superiors
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Why else would a person try to engage
their SUPERIOR colliculus?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
- You are not my SUPERIOR.
- I am in every way.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
far SUPERIOR to the ones in King's Landing.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
A SUPERIOR creature whose egg is placed
in the nest of ordinary birds.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
Come on, you do it
to feel SUPERIOR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 21
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: superior
Meaning and definitions of superior, translation in Afrikaans language for superior with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of superior in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "superior"
What superior means in Afrikaans, superior meaning in Afrikaans, superior definition, examples and pronunciation of superior in Afrikaans language.