Noun(1) a white crystalline carbohydrate used as a sweetener and preservative(2) an essential structural component of living cells and source of energy for animals; includes simple sugars with small molecules as well as macromolecular substances; are classified according to the number of monosaccharide groups they contain(3) informal terms for money
Verb(1) sweeten with sugar
(1) In a separate bowl, sift together sugar , flour, baking powder and baking soda.(2) Small amounts of sugar may be required to take away the sharpness from fruit purÔö£┬«es such as gooseberry and rhubarb - but avoid adding sugar to food and drinks.(3) Fast-burning foods include foods that contain sugar and white flour.(4) Whisk together flour, oats, sugar , baking powder and salt in a large bowl.(5) A wine-like beverage can be made from almost any fruit, berry, or other plant material containing sugar .(6) a spoonful of sugar(7) Tooth decay is caused by the bacteria in dental plaque breaking down sugar in the foods and drinks that you eat and drink.(8) This is why a bowl of sugar remains essentially unchanged for months or even years, although it is exposed to copious amounts of oxygen during that time.(9) Processed foods that contain refined sugar and white flour are fast carbohydrates.(10) In a small bowl, whisk together lime and orange juices, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar and jalapeno.(11) The press officer asks if he would like a coffee. ├ö├ç├┐Black but half a cup and, um, a sugar please.├ö├ç├û(12) Spoken and written substitutes for the word in American English include sugar , sheesh, shoot, and shucks, as in the constructions: Oh, sugar! Aww, shucks!(13) Fried foods, very spicy foods and foods containing too much sugar , such as sweets, can cause health problems and should be limited during Ramadan.(14) Many people, myself included, find bursts of sugar in savory food highly unpleasant.(15) From now on I'm putting one sugar in my coffee instead of two, and half a sugar in my tea instead of one.(16) Part of the problem is that increasingly health-conscious consumers see Coke as a drink packed with sugar and chemical sweeteners and not much else.
(1) sugar daddy :: suiker pappa
(2) icing sugar :: versiersuiker
(3) caster sugar :: strooisuiker
(4) granulated sugar :: kandijsuiker
(5) blood sugar :: bloed suiker
(6) powdered sugar :: gepoeierde suiker
(7) brown sugar :: bruinsuiker
(8) cane sugar :: suikerriet
2. saccharide ::
3. lolly ::
4. refined sugar ::
sugar, sugared, sugaring, sugarless, sugars, sugary
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- One teaspoon SUGAR? Raw SUGAR?
- Yes. Yes.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
Where's my root beer?
Come on. I gotta pee,
and I got low blood SUGAR.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
Sorry. Okay, who wants syrup
and who wants cinnamon SUGAR?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 3
Oh, blah, blah, blah.
Give me some SUGAR, bestie.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
Here you go.
Light cream, no SUGAR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 22
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: sugar
Meaning and definitions of sugar, translation in Afrikaans language for sugar with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of sugar in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "sugar"
What sugar means in Afrikaans, sugar meaning
in Afrikaans, sugar definition, examples and pronunciation
of sugar in Afrikaans language.