Adjective(1) experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness(2) of things that make you feel sad(3) bad; unfortunate
(1) It is no art, just a sad, quite sad , attempt at craft, clever and crude, for commerce.(2) Two nights out with two of my oldest friends, each with a different and sad story about life in London in 2003.(3) A year ago I arrived at her door sad , depressed, suicidal, and tormented by my demons.(4) It's sad that they leave rubbish behind and equally sad that the resources of the council have to be deployed to clear it up.(5) The sad thing about finishing second at the Masters is that you are so easily forgotten(6) It is a sad reflection on our societies that we have to escape from reality in these ways.(7) So if you're ever depressed, sad or lonely, go and have yourself some clear soup and get real with Dr. Phil.(8) Christmas can be a sad and depressing time for many of us who will be spending it alone.(9) There's no shame in being on your own, but eating that sort of rubbish - now that is sad .(10) It seems to be the sad story of most weekends that the weather turns to windy.(11) In his autobiography Russell reports this sad interlude with agonized regret.(12) There was a kind of sad regret in her voice despite the practicality of her words, and her eyes betrayed what she was saying.(13) It is a sad and extraordinary story, and one that needed to be told.(14) The sad depressing reality of it all is that it's far worse than it sounds.(15) For a few it is a constant companion, shading even the brightest of days, rendering them sad and melancholy.(16) As I saw him off at the airport, I was at once proud of him, sad and anxious - he was my little brother.
(1) very sad :: baie hartseer
(2) feel sad :: voel hartseer
(3) be sad :: wees hartseer
(4) sad face :: Hartseer gesig
(5) sad song :: treurige lied
(6) sad story :: hartseer storie
(7) sad and lonely :: hartseer en eensaam
(8) sad news :: hartseer nuus
(9) look sad :: kyk hartseer
1. unhappy ::
2. tragic ::
3. unfortunate ::
1. blissful ::
2. buoyant ::
3. cheerful ::
4. cheery ::
5. delighted ::
6. glad ::
7. happy ::
8. jubilant ::
9. sunny ::
sad, sades, sadist, sadists, sadly, sadness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm SAD for real now!
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 4
But I can't say it without turning SAD.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
of all the things about this
that are SAD,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 22
Comic books aren't just
for SAD nerds anymore.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
Oh, you make me laugh,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: sad
Meaning and definitions of sad, translation in Afrikaans language for sad with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sad in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "sad"
What sad means in Afrikaans, sad meaning in Afrikaans, sad definition, examples and pronunciation of sad in Afrikaans language.