Noun(1) a soulful or amorous idealist(2) an artist of the Romantic Movement or someone influenced by Romanticism
Adjective(1) belonging to or characteristic of Romanticism or the Romantic Movement in the arts(2) expressive of or exciting sexual love or romance(3) not sensible about practical matters; idealistic and unrealistic
(1) As an historian - certainly as a woman - she had not the slightest romantic illusions about the realities of human life during the long childhood of the species.(2) I concluded that many historians and political scientists have an overly simple and romantic view of the political process.(3) We ended up with a whole lot of romantic sentimentality.(4) ├ö├ç├┐So good to see that your romantic idealism hasn't faded,├ö├ç├û Noelle murmured.(5) On our last evening in Maui, Daniel had prepared a very romantic , candlelit dinner on the shore.(6) Its romantic Hollywood sentimental pap, but I like it.(7) When you view something in a romantic way, you're not really taking in the whole picture.(8) The sly hint is that this belongs - like so many 1960s attitudes - back in the romantic 1840s of an idealistic, bygone century.(9) Yet when they feel like it, they make sure they get one of the few two-person tables at dinner for a romantic meal.(10) Women who love romantic comedy will love this movie.(11) She rifled through her lover's credit-card receipts and found charges for bouquets of flowers and dinners at romantic restaurants.(12) At the same time, he has no romantic illusions about mobsters.(13) But what's more romantic than a good sentimental break up?(14) I appreciate your romantic view of things, but can you address the issues in the article?(15) ├ö├ç├┐This was the emancipation of romantic feeling and sentiment,├ö├ç├û she says.(16) These and other documentaries take the shape of his romantic worldview: idealised individuals try to overcome something or make order from chaos.
(1) romantic comedy :: romantiese komedie
(2) romantic novel :: romantiese roman
(3) be romantic :: wees romanties
(4) romantic man :: romantiese man
1. loving ::
2. sentimental ::
3. idyllic ::
4. idealistic ::
5. wild-eyed ::
6. amatory ::
7. idealist ::
1. familiar ::
romantic, romanticism, romanticist, romanticists, romanticize, romanticizes, romantics, unromantic
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You're a ROMANTIC. I admire that.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
Hey, how come you've never
done anything ROMANTIC
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
I didn't tell you to take him
on a ROMANTIC getaway.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: romantic
Meaning and definitions of romantic, translation in Afrikaans language for romantic with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of romantic in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "romantic"
What romantic means in Afrikaans, romantic meaning in Afrikaans, romantic definition, examples and pronunciation of romantic in Afrikaans language.