Noun(1) a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder(2) emotional distress; a fundamental feeling that people try to avoid(3) a somatic sensation of acute discomfort(4) a bothersome annoying person(5) something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness
Verb(1) cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed(2) cause emotional anguish or make miserable
(1) mental pain(2) Some of the people in the elders' ward are obviously in physical pain .(3) She was in constant pain and her physical movements were restricted.(4) Since being refused compensation Rosie has appealed and applied for a payment based on the family's pain and suffering.(5) are you in pain?(6) The family is in pain or in distress, and the therapist is called upon to help them and to find a way out of their dilemma.(7) We are not saying that feelings of sadness and pain over the loss of life is inappropriate.(8) But he has been left in agonising pain with serious injuries to his back, head and legs.(9) For example, I was in a great deal of confusion, distress and pain over the weekend.(10) This vandalism has caused much distress and pain to the families of those whose graves were destroyed.(11) I was so used to emotional pain right now that I hadn't known physical pain could be just as bad.(12) She added as an ex-nurse she believed it was hard to find the cause of pain or injury without an examination.(13) sometimes my right hand would pain(14) The accident dissolved my life into illness, weakness, pain and exhaustion, cold and hunger.(15) But forcing everyone to take part in research would bring substantial pain and distress for some people.(16) the pain of loss
(1) no pain no gain :: geen pyn geen wins
(2) no pain :: geen pyn
(3) back pain :: rugpyn
(4) chest pain :: borspyn
(5) in pain :: in pyn
(6) pain of love :: pyn van liefde
(7) pain in the ass :: pyn in die gat
(8) abdominal pain :: maagpyn
(9) pain in the neck :: pyn in die nek
(10) sharp pain :: skerp pyn
1. suffering ::
2. ache ::
3. sorrow ::
4. care ::
6. nuisance ::
7. painful sensation ::
9. annoyance ::
10. hurt ::
11. sadden ::
12. ail ::
1. negligence ::
pain, pained, painful, paining, painless
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
(SCREAMING IN PAIN)
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
kill it as she watches,
and pay for her PAIN with a silver coin?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
Would you like something for the PAIN?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
Your Grace, too much PAIN
will spoil the pleasure.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
and some PAIN.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: pain
Meaning and definitions of pain, translation in Afrikaans language for pain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pain in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pain"
What pain means in Afrikaans, pain meaning in Afrikaans, pain definition, examples and pronunciation of pain in Afrikaans language.