Noun(1) a characteristic (habitual or relatively temporary(2) the prevailing psychological state(3) verb inflections that express how the action or state is conceived by the speaker
(1) If this is him in a bad mood , no wonder so many people declare him a joy to work with.(2) It's pure mood music - ten instrumental tracks that take you somewhere.(3) I may be in a mood this morning.(4) he was obviously in a mood(5) Both sound and music are critical to the cinematic experience - they help set the mood , the tone, and the ambience of the level.(6) But then other people seem to like it a lot so maybe I was in a mood .(7) It's mood music, sure, but more specifically dinner music - really romantic dinner music.(8) mood music(9) But the key point here is that it's the subjunctive mood , not the subjunctive case.(10) In this case, a worker may try to dispel a bad mood by suspending work, rather than searching for a new solution.(11) If the verbs were in the indicative mood , we would expect she was coming in the first sentence, the chairman resigns in the second, and the lawsuit is dropped in the third.(12) Such is the quality of his work, that he does not need the neon lights, mood music and other special effects which so hampered last year's offering.(13) The right mood music can do a lot for an evening of love, but there's no accounting for taste.(14) he appeared to be in a very good mood about something(15) Music can enhance a good mood, confirm a bad mood , console me, remind me of specific events, people, places in my life.(16) He's going to be producing CD's of mood music and meditation music for her.
(1) bad mood :: slegte bui
(2) good mood :: n goeie bui
(3) in the mood :: in die bui
(4) in a bad mood :: in 'n slegte bui
(5) mood swing :: bui swing
(6) in a good mood :: in 'n goeie bui
(7) in the mood for :: in die bui vir
(8) mood disorder :: gemoedsversteuring
(9) mood board :: bui raad
(10) subjunctive mood :: subjunktief bui
2. a bad mood ::
'n slegte bui
3. atmosphere ::
4. climate ::
5. mode ::
6. temper ::
mood, moodily, moods, moody
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You know what, guys, I'm not
in the MOOD for paintball.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
If they need to fuck, even if they aren't
in the MOOD for it, they must.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
Oh, you're in a good MOOD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
I'm in a great MOOD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 10
To tell you the truth,
I'm not really in the MOOD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 5
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: mood
Meaning and definitions of mood, translation in Afrikaans language for mood with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of mood in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "mood"
What mood means in Afrikaans, mood meaning in Afrikaans, mood definition, examples and pronunciation of mood in Afrikaans language.