Noun(1) an organization of missionaries in a foreign land sent to carry on religious work(2) an operation that is assigned by a higher headquarters(3) a special assignment that is given to a person or group(4) the organized work of a religious missionary(5) a group of representatives or delegates
(1) The reasonable restoration of discipline requires a renewed vision of the very purpose and mission of the church.(2) His mission was to spread the word of God to people living in the depths of the Amazon rain forest.(3) Even a UN security mission sent in to assess the situation had to turn back before reaching Mazar because it was too dangerous to proceed.(4) However, Pearson grew up on a Lutheran mission station.(5) In Oregon, some wounded members of the National Guard have made it their mission to make sure their fellow soldiers get the welcome that they deserve.(6) And it is with this motto that he has undertaken the mission to walk throughout the country.(7) Even if your folks make fairness their main mission in life, they could never dole out exactly the same goodies at precisely the same time to all their kids.(8) As expressed in the catechism in the Book of Common Prayer, the mission of the church is made explicit as the body of Christ.(9) his main mission in life has been to cut unemployment(10) They had an important mission to do, and he needed to remain focused.(11) by then, the mission had journeyed more than 3,500 miles(12) Gandhi's attitude to mission and conversion(13) The charge followed a fact-finding mission to the capital Sofia by Sir John Ramsden, head of the Foreign Office central and north-west Europe department.(14) In 1996 a small mission hospital called the Good News Hospital was opened in Mandritsara, a market town in the northern interior of Madagascar.(15) The pilot vanished on 31 July 1944 while flying a reconnaissance mission .(16) But the mission to India in 1942 was enough of a success to elevate Cripps to the job of leader of the House of Commons and into the war cabinet as minister of aircraft production.
(1) mission statement :: missiestelling
(2) mission accomplished :: taak voltooi
(3) diplomatic mission :: diplomatieke sending
(4) trade mission :: handel sending
(5) rescue mission :: redding sending
(6) mission creep :: missie kruip
(7) space mission :: ruimtesending
1. assignment ::
2. vocation ::
3. delegation ::
4. missionary post ::
5. sortie ::
6. delegacy ::
7. commission ::
8. missionary work ::
9. military mission ::
10. foreign mission ::
mission, missioner, missioners, missions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It was supposed to be
a two-week MISSION.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
PMC #1: Standing by
for fire MISSION.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
Think of this as your personal
five-week MISSION to do the same.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
he led the MISSION to
avenge Lord Commander Mormont.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
It seems your MISSION
has been entirely wasted,
Vikings Season 1, Episode 9
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: mission
Meaning and definitions of mission, translation in Afrikaans language for mission with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of mission in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "mission"
What mission means in Afrikaans, mission meaning
in Afrikaans, mission definition, examples and pronunciation
of mission in Afrikaans language.