Noun(1) your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you(2) an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another(3) an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that leads to a favorable outcome
(1) A railway worker, who did not want to be named, claimed it was only luck that prevented a major accident.(2) he doesn't have much luck with the ladies(3) I had the good luck to come home early(4) they're supposed to bring good luck(5) He could not believe his luck when he saw the Premiership match up for grabs.(6) I don't like Friday├ö├ç├Âit's bad luck(7) I gave credit for that to chance, luck or anything that you might want to call it.(8) she has the luck of the devil(9) With all of this bad luck going on, you know your luck is going to change in Las Vegas.(10) There has to be a standard, a level where the candidacy is based on merit rather than on luck .(11) Many people believe in luck , and I am sure one must be very, very lucky to win the lotto.(12) It is believed that these purchases will bring luck and prosperity to the buyers.(13) Actually, I had a lot of luck on my side when I chose the circumstances of my birth.(14) it was just luck that the first kick went in(15) Our only annoyance is that the eggs come so fast that it's simply a matter of luck , rather than skill if you manage to duck to avoid one.(16) we didn't enjoy any luck last year
(1) good luck :: Sterkte
(2) bad luck :: slegte geluk
(3) hard luck :: slegte geluk
(4) just my luck :: net my geluk
(5) tough luck :: taai geluk
(6) good luck charm :: baie geluk sjarme
(7) out of luck :: out of luck
(8) for luck :: vir geluk
(9) by luck :: deur geluk
1. good fortune ::
2. success ::
3. fortune ::
4. fate ::
1. mischance ::
2. misfortune ::
luck, lucked, lucking, luckless, lucks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Man: I'm afraid you are
out of LUCK, my friend.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
Those big, brown eyes.
Good LUCK keeping the ladies away.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 3
And I wish you all the LUCK
in the world with it.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
You won't need LUCK.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 19
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: luck
Meaning and definitions of luck, translation in Afrikaans language for luck with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of luck in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "luck"
What luck means in Afrikaans, luck meaning in Afrikaans, luck definition, examples and pronunciation of luck in Afrikaans language.