Verb(1) gain knowledge or skills(2) get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally(3) commit to memory; learn by heart(4) be a student of a certain subject(5) impart skills or knowledge to(6) find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort
(1) I was sorry to learn that Peadar had died(2) when did you learn the news?(3) they have to learn that it's better to be honest(4) we learn from experience(5) we'll learn the outcome tomorrow(6) it's never too late to learn(7) he's keen to learn(8) Just wait and see how mobiles companies will try to make us learn a numeric user name rather than an alphabetic one.(9) you'll learn!(10) we'll have to learn you to milk cows(11) Those were the same words a second-in-command had said when learning Jasmine's name three long years ago.(12) She was in her early fifties and her death was learned of with great regret by all who knew her during her short stay.(13) Ormond Square was my first training ground, where I learnt my craft and developed a love for the beautiful game that I still have.(14) A child is learning unbelievable amounts of information.(15) I was unaware of the seriousness of her illness until I learned of her death.(16) He learns bucket-loads of information, including the brazenly anti-union pitches made by the various nations.
(1) to learn :: om te leer
(2) learn about :: leer oor
(3) live and learn :: lewe en leer
(4) learn by heart :: memoriseer
(5) learn from :: leer uit
(6) eager to learn :: Ywerig om te leer
(7) learn quickly :: leer vinnig
(8) learn to read :: leer om te lees
(9) learn of :: leer van
1. acquire a knowledge of ::
verkry 'n kennis van
2. memorize ::
3. discover ::
4. con ::
5. watch ::
6. larn ::
7. hear ::
8. instruct ::
9. read ::
1. unlearn ::
learn, learned, learner, learners, learning, learns
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I think our father could LEARN a
thing or two from your father.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
and LEARN something new.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
Then they will have to LEARN to see
things differently, Mossador.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
Took me a long time
to LEARN this...
Westworld Season 2, Episode 4
Where did you LEARN all this stuff about
Visenya and her Valyrian steel sword?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: learn
Meaning and definitions of learn, translation in Afrikaans language for learn with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of learn in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "learn"
What learn means in Afrikaans, learn meaning in Afrikaans, learn definition, examples and pronunciation of learn in Afrikaans language.