- intiemete kenne gegeeintiemkennete kenne gegee
Noun(1) someone to whom private matters are confided
Verb(1) give to understand(2) imply as a possibility
Adjective(1) marked by close acquaintance, association, or familiarity(2) concerning things deeply private and personal(3) having or fostering a warm or friendly and informal atmosphere(4) having mutual interests or affections; of established friendship(5) used euphemistically to refer to the genitals(6) involved in a sexual relationship, or sexual(7) innermost or essential(8) thoroughly acquainted through study or experience
(1) Even his intimate friends in the literary circuit dread the occasional outbursts which reflect his cynical humour and contempt for hypocrites.(2) Both men had an intimate connection to that lovely picture.(3) Their interrogation was demeaning and humiliating, probing the most intimate details of my personal and family life.(4) And let your most intimate friends know you'd rather stab yourself in the eye with a fork than vote for the Liberal.(5) We have not been intimate with one another, so sex too early in the relationship wasn't the ruining factor.(6) In other words, when you are on fairly intimate terms with your diners, you are expected to compromise your recipes.(7) When taking your medical history, does your doctor ask questions like: Are you intimate with men?(8) I doubt whether any senior members of the opposition, either, have enough intimate knowledge of Asian societies and customs to be effective.(9) Stepping up from the smoky, buzzing pub that it sits atop, my friend Linda and I were immediately enveloped into a cosy, intimate space painted a deep royal blue and set off by the warm glow of mood lighting.(10) Because you don't really want complete strangers overhearing the most intimate details of your personal hygiene routine, do you?(11) These traditions allow us to see an intimate connection between scientific inquiry and beauty.(12) Many writers use the intimate detail of their personal experience to provide the material for their songs.(13) This culinary hotel combines international style and luxury with welcoming hospitality and personal attention in a warm, intimate atmosphere.(14) Children are also increasingly joining the trend of writing online diaries, or ├ö├ç├┐blogs├ö├ç├û, which often contain intimate personal details.(15) How can he possibly cringe at the intimate details of people's lives?(16) Banking is a private, intimate activity and most people want to do it with someone they know, rather than a different person every week.
(1) intimate friend :: intieme vriend
1. close ::
2. friendly ::
3. personal ::
4. detailed ::
5. sexual ::
6. familiar ::
7. informal ::
9. inner ::
10. announce ::
11. imply ::
12. suggest ::
13. adumbrate ::
14. close friend ::
15. confidant ::
Different Formsintimate, intimated, intimately, intimates, intimating
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's INTIMATE waxing.
Quit looking at that!
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
...are we ever going to have
an INTIMATE relationship?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 23
Dave likes me.
Maybe INTIMATE is what I need.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 10
- Of course we're going to be INTIMATE.
- It's only a matter of time.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
...in a very INTIMATE
and carnal fashion.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: intimate
Meaning and definitions of intimate, translation in Afrikaans language for intimate with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of intimate in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "intimate"
What intimate means in Afrikaans, intimate meaning in Afrikaans, intimate definition, examples and pronunciation of intimate in Afrikaans language.