Noun(1) a sense of concern with and curiosity about someone or something(2) a reason for wanting something done(3) the power of attracting or holding one's attention (because it is unusual or exciting etc.(4) a fixed charge for borrowing money; usually a percentage of the amount borrowed(5) (law(6) (usually plural(7) a diversion that occupies one's time and thoughts (usually pleasantly
Verb(1) excite the curiosity of; engage the interest of(2) be on the mind of(3) be of importance or consequence
(1) Even a three-year old can begin to browse through the shelves, looking for different kinds of books that may interest her.(2) The bank will not lend money, and interest payments and receipts are forbidden.(3) it's of no interest to them(4) you'll have to pay interest on that loan(5) it may interest you to listen to the programme(6) Fixed or variable interest rates are applied, with payments spread over 24 to 48 months.(7) he must have no personal interest in the outcome of the case(8) Not even the Presidential elections aroused much interest locally.(9) I thought the book might interest Eliot(10) This perked his interest to learn more about why Gabi stole it behind Creg's back in the first place.(11) If he had, he might think twice about clamping down on the economy by repeatedly raising interest rates.(12) he developed an interest in art(13) Worries about default are also driving up interest rates on Brazil's foreign debt.(14) they have no interest in politics(15) third parties having an interest in a building(16) I thought the book might interest Eric
(1) interest rate :: rentekoers
(2) interest rates :: rentekoerse
(3) interest income :: rente-inkomste
(4) conflict of interest :: konflik van belange
(5) interest in :: belangstelling in
(6) accrued interest :: opgehoopte rente
(7) interest expense :: rente-uitgawe
(8) vested interest :: gevestigde belang
(9) point of interest :: punt van belang
(10) common interest :: gemeenskaplike belang
2. attraction ::
3. concern ::
4. hobby ::
5. stake ::
6. involvement ::
9. sake ::
10. pastime ::
11. interest group ::
12. appeal to ::
'n beroep op
13. persuade to have ::
14. occupy ::
interest, interested, interesting, interests
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Wolverine's never displayed INTEREST
in helping others prevent prostate cancer.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
Penny has no INTEREST
in subatomic particle research.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
a person of INTEREST.
Might get lucky there.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
Seventeen fifty? We'll make it 1750,
for, like, you know, INTEREST.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 4
Mmm, at least he took an INTEREST.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: interest
Meaning and definitions of interest, translation in Afrikaans language for interest with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of interest in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "interest"
What interest means in Afrikaans, interest meaning
in Afrikaans, interest definition, examples and pronunciation
of interest in Afrikaans language.