- vriendsonder vriendevriende
Noun(1) a person you know well and regard with affection and trust(2) an associate who provides cooperation or assistance(3) a person with whom you are acquainted(4) a person who backs a politician or a team etc.(5) a member of the Religious Society of Friends founded by George Fox (the Friends have never called themselves Quakers
(1) friend us!(2) Good luck, my friend , and stay in touch!(3) Rowly, as he was known to almost everyone, was a close friend to the Kennedy family.(4) And that, my dear friend , is one of the reasons why he's no doubt the most popular guy at Hilton.(5) she was unsure whether he was friend or foe(6) the woman got married and you still used to friend with she?(7) Images move you up the television news agenda; without camera access, my friend , your issue is dead.(8) Your powerful rock sound will zoom you to the top of the charts, my friend .(9) Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend .(10) If you can't find that stuff in life, then you, my friend , don't know much about life!(11) Even in the ghetto where I was born and raised, I was treated as a friend rather than an enemy.(12) You might not believe it, my friend , but I've been waiting for this moment for a long time.(13) There was a time when that would have bought me 16 Mojos, but those days are gone, my friend .(14) On the other hand you can accept money from a friend , not from enemies.(15) I'm meeting a friend for lunch(16) I have a few ideas as to what you deserve, my friend , and a cold shower would be top of the list, I think.
(1) best friend :: beste vriend
(2) my friend :: my vriend
(3) close friend :: nabye vriend
(4) true friend :: ware vriend
(5) good friend :: goeie vriend
(6) friend of mine :: `n vriend van my
(7) female friend :: vriendin
(8) a friend of mine :: n vriend van my
(9) old friend :: ou vriend
1. companion ::
2. patron ::
3. ally ::
4. quaker ::
5. acquaintance ::
6. supporter ::
1. enemy ::
2. foe ::
friend, friendless, friends
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A lot of FRIENDs would let their FRIEND
go alone, but that's not you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
So, he was your best FRIEND
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 4
What? I'm just making
your FRIEND an offer.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
- That's my best FRIEND.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
Why does it say that
you're his best FRIEND?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: friend
Meaning and definitions of friend, translation in Afrikaans language for friend with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of friend in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "friend"
What friend means in Afrikaans, friend meaning in Afrikaans, friend definition, examples and pronunciation of friend in Afrikaans language.