Adjective(1) large in spatial extent or range or scope or quantity(2) broad in scope or content(3) of agriculture; increasing productivity by using large areas with minimal outlay and labor
(1) We wandered the extensive gardens of the home together and came to a steep grassy bank.(2) All this plus extensive hilltop gardens with cross-London views, and it's all free.(3) Viticulture is most extensive in the Rhine and Mosel valleys in west Germany and is an important export industry.(4) Now visitors can wander through the house and the extensive gardens landscaped by the poet.(5) Your Honour will realise there is an extensive amount of material on there.(6) I have a fairly extensive amount of work done on the subject, and a number of links that are worth following.(7) Outside, the delightful wooded gardens have extensive river frontage and a sunny aspect.(8) Similarly, local hopes voiced in the consultation for extensive green areas are set to be disappointed.(9) The Ombudsman can look into all aspects of administration, and has extensive powers in law.(10) The Marine Institute has just completed an extensive refurbishment at its facilities.(11) Such an extensive collection surely implies an element of forethought.(12) They carried out an extensive search of the area but nothing was found.(13) There's nowhere else in the world you could see such an extensive and amazing collection of modern art.(14) If at first you don't succeed then institute an extensive and wideranging review of your systems and processes.(15) The house and its gardens are set in extensive park land and a first impression is that of a comfortable stately home.(16) With such extensive legal power already in the hands of the government, why do we need to make things worse?
(1) extensive property :: uitgebreide eiendom
(2) extensive knowledge :: uitgebreide kennis
(3) extensive reading :: uitgebreide lees
(4) extensive damage :: groot skade
1. large ::
2. comprehensive ::
3. blanket ::
4. extended ::
1. narrow ::
coextensive, extensive, extensively, extensiveness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...the result of EXTENSIVE debate
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
She’s had an EXTENSIVE career
in the police force.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
Oh, yes, it's quite EXTENSIVE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
You have EXTENSIVE
Westworld Season 2, Episode 4
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: extensive
Meaning and definitions of extensive, translation in Afrikaans language for extensive with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of extensive in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "extensive"
What extensive means in Afrikaans, extensive meaning in Afrikaans, extensive definition, examples and pronunciation of extensive in Afrikaans language.