Noun(1) motor that converts thermal energy to mechanical work(2) something used to achieve a purpose(3) a wheeled vehicle consisting of a self-propelled engine that is used to draw trains along railway tracks(4) an instrument or machine that is used in warfare, such as a battering ram, catapult, artillery piece, etc.
(1) Private initiative will provide the engine for growth and will be the major force in developing the economy.(2) The device will disable the ignition of a car or stop its engine while in motion.(3) During the downswing, the legs are the engine that powers the machine.(4) car engine(5) a siege engine(6) engine failure(7) The Trials were held by the Liverpool and Manchester Railway Company, to find the best locomotive engine for a railway line that was being built to serve these two English cities.(8) Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company built the engine bearing number YG - 3358, in 1965.(9) the roar of a car engine(10) diesel engine(11) the media are the engine of social change(12) She revved the engine of her motorcycle twice, and sped off.(13) to start the engine(14) County Commissioners have voted to buy a railroad engine and two rail cars for the line.(15) So the Taxi driver got in his cab and started the engine .(16) The introduction of the new engine was instrumental in keeping the Sligo fire service moving forward.
(1) search engine :: soek-masjien
(2) fire engine :: Brandweerwa
(3) steam engine :: stoomenjin
(4) diesel engine :: dieselenjin
(5) jet engine :: straalmotor
(6) engine oil :: enjin olie
(7) engine room :: enjinkamer
(8) main engine :: hoof motor
(9) combustion engine :: binnebrandenjin
(10) engine block :: enjinblok
1. motor ::
2. cause ::
3. device ::
4. locomotive ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
On the second day, a diesel ENGINE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 15
(ENGINE STARTS ON SIMULATOR)
"' alt="(ENGINE STARTS ON SIMULATOR)
(ENGINE STARTS ON SIMULATOR)
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
to stroll down memory lane:
Penny, your check ENGINE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
from the ENGINE
to the last axle.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 5
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 19
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: engine
Meaning and definitions of engine, translation in Afrikaans language for engine with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of engine in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "engine"
What engine means in Afrikaans, engine meaning in Afrikaans, engine definition, examples and pronunciation of engine in Afrikaans language.