Noun(1) hard white substance covering the crown of a tooth(2) a colored glassy compound (opaque or partially opaque(3) a paint that dries to a hard glossy finish(4) any smooth glossy coating that resembles ceramic glaze
Verb(1) coat, inlay, or surface with enamel
(1) Paint each plate rail with primer and two coats of white enamel .(2) Certain diets such as those rich in hard fruits or grasses leave tiny distinctive damage patterns on enamel surfaces.(3) Dental caries occur when bacteria destroy the enamel surface of the tooth and cause decay.(4) There's also a mix of natural wood and white porcelain, steel and glass, and the latest brightly coloured lacquer or enamel finishes.(5) Tooth enamel , the hardest substance in our bodies, provides a durable coating for the softer dentin underneath.(6) There are two parts to a tooth: the crown, which is covered by enamel and is the visible part of the tooth, and the root, which lies underneath the gums.(7) Prepare in non-metallic containers such as glass, earthenware or enamel pots.(8) High levels of cotinine, a byproduct of nicotine found in smoke, erode tooth enamel .(9) Teeth form mainly from neuroectoderm and comprise a crown of insensitive enamel surrounding sensitive dentine and a root that has no enamel covering.(10) The highly acidic nature of this drink also increases the risk of erosion of dental enamel .(11) Dental decay is when bacteria in the mouth break down the enamel of a tooth.(12) She started with a base coat, then applied one coat of silver enamel .(13) The translucent enamel back ground which looks almost black is in fact a dark burgundy.(14) Light pink nail enamel will make the hands even more charming.(15) The enamel of Marguerite de France is signed by Jean de Court on the reverse and dated 1555.(16) And as a result they believe they will be able to develop new treatments to repair damaged tooth enamel and replace lost minerals.
(1) nail enamel :: spyker emalje
(2) enamel paint :: emaljeverf
(3) tooth enamel :: tandemalje
(4) enamel insulated wire :: emalje geïsoleerde draad
1. coating ::
2. lacquer ::
3. varnish ::
4. glaze ::
5. finish ::
enamel, enameled, enameler, enamelers, enameling, enamelings, enamelling, enamellings, enamels, enamelware
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: enamel
Meaning and definitions of enamel, translation in Afrikaans language for enamel with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of enamel in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "enamel"
What enamel means in Afrikaans, enamel meaning in Afrikaans, enamel definition, examples and pronunciation of enamel in Afrikaans language.