Adjective(1) derived from experiment and observation rather than theory(2) relying on medical quackery
(1) Just such propositions take us beyond the limits of empirical particularity.(2) The work has a strong empirical base, but it is firmly governed by theory.(3) The question of whether science causes harm might seem to be an empirical rather than a philosophical one.(4) Views like this smack more of a priori epistemological ideals than of empirical findings.(5) I think it is too much a matter of perception, rather than there being empirical evidence.(6) Over the course of her term, she emphasised the need for WHO to base its work on empirical evidence.(7) Kant repeatedly emphasizes that the theory is not to be construed as empirical psychology.(8) Viewed dispassionately, the empirical evidence does not support such a position.(9) These judgments, when known, constitute knowledge that is based on nothing empirical .(10) What, then, may we say of the role of empirical studies in the domain of ethical research?(11) Much of its research, then, was of a sociological nature, and thus had a certain empirical base.(12) These are empirical questions rather than theoretical ones, and the issues seem mundane.(13) The only way that you can have confidence in it is to have some empirical experience yourself.(14) She rightly saw that there was nothing in the empirical evidence that required her to say that.(15) Because natural science can offer empirical proof for its hypotheses, it can verify its claims.(16) There is strong empirical evidence to support the case for vertical integration.
(1) empirical evidence :: empiriese bewyse
(2) empirical research :: empiriese navorsing
(3) empirical data :: empiriese data
(4) empirical formula :: empiriese formule
(5) empirical investigation :: empiriese ondersoek
(6) empirical knowledge :: empiriese kennis
1. experiential ::
2. practical ::
3. heuristic ::
4. firsthand ::
5. hands-on ::
7. evidence-based ::
8. seen ::
9. demonstrable ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Your unwillingness to accept EMPIRICAL
evidence suggests an attempt at flattery.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
and base it
on EMPIRICAL metrics?
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
based on EMPIRICAL evidence.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: empirical
Meaning and definitions of empirical, translation in Afrikaans language for empirical with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of empirical in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "empirical"
What empirical means in Afrikaans, empirical meaning in Afrikaans, empirical definition, examples and pronunciation of empirical in Afrikaans language.