Noun(1) a licensed medical practitioner(2) (Roman Catholic Church(3) children take the roles of physician or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the physician's office(4) a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent
Verb(1) alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive(2) give medical treatment to(3) restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
(1) I turned to the hair doctor for advice.(2) hospital doctor(3) My cat needs me to feed her, take her to the doctor , and open the door for her.(4) I was told, even if the papers from abroad prove inoculations, the dogs have to be checked by a veterinary doctor in the airport.(5) Her family doctor prescribed a drug that helped, but it made her tired.(6) This is the way he described working as a script doctor vs. writing his own stuff.(7) Contraception is normally supplied by your doctor or by the family planning clinic.(8) After directing the film, he hightailed it out to Bali, only to return again to work as a script doctor .(9) the wisest doctor is gravelled by the inquisitiveness of a child(10) I learnt this as a junior spin doctor for a minor political party.(11) she's a doctor(12) she's in the care of a doctor(13) the script doctor rewrote the original(14) Ask your private doctor or hospital clinic physician for information as to how you can obtain a bone density test.(15) Money is wasted on explosions and stunts when it should have been given to a script doctor .(16) Any woman who is worried about this should speak to her doctor , midwife or obstetrician.
(1) medical doctor :: mediese dokter
(2) see a doctor :: sien 'n dokter
(3) family doctor :: huisdokter
(4) eye doctor :: Oog Dokter
(5) female doctor :: vroulike dokter
(6) see the doctor :: sien die dokter
(7) call the doctor :: bel die dokter
(8) be a doctor :: 'n dokter
(9) doctor of philosophy :: doktor in filosofie
1. physician ::
2. doctor of the church ::
dokter van die kerk
4. treat ::
5. adulterate ::
6. falsify ::
7. sophisticate ::
8. mend ::
doctor, doctoral, doctored, doctoring, doctors
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
of Doctor Sheldon Cooper and
Doctor Amy Farrah Fowler present...
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 7
And I'll watch the last 24 minutes
of Doctor Who...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 7
Bravest person in the Marvel Universe
is the DOCTOR...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
Oh, so now you're an astronaut
and a DOCTOR?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
Actually, she asked the DOCTOR.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: doctor
Meaning and definitions of doctor, translation in Afrikaans language for doctor with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of doctor in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "doctor"
What doctor means in Afrikaans, doctor meaning in Afrikaans, doctor definition, examples and pronunciation of doctor in Afrikaans language.