Noun(1) a concise explanation of the meaning of a word or phrase or symbol(2) clarity of outline
(1) I try to limit pop-culture references and colloquial clues to a handful within each puzzle and in general each clue is some form of a dictionary definition .(2) a dictionary definition of the verb(3) issues of methodology and definition(4) A liquid crystal display device having a digital driver is provided, which can realize higher definition and more gradations.(5) By looking at the graph and seeing the colors and shapes, these students were able to listen again and hear the shape of the sounds with more definition .(6) high definition television(7) Your browser loads a page from an online dictionary with the definition of the word.(8) In the introduction, Lauret confronts the thorny questions of definition and categorization.(9) our definition of what constitutes poetry(10) The Chairman noted that there was a general consensus that the Board should not change the scope of the definition to encompass the mushroom sector.(11) One widely accepted definition describes poverty as ├ö├ç├┐an enforced lack of socially perceived necessities├ö├ç├û.(12) They have great resolution and incredible colour definition .(13) What you see may or may not be high definition or even good quality.(14) The sound has very good definition and separation, especially during the rainstorm and cityscape sequences.(15) His face was a smooth tan color, and he was definitely the dictionary definition of ├ö├ç├┐tall, dark, and handsome├ö├ç├û.(16) But the generality of being is not that of a genus; therefore the question of definition , in this sense, simply does not arise.
(1) high definition :: hoë definisie
(2) by definition :: by definisie
(3) problem definition :: probleem definisie
(4) operational definition :: operasionele definisie
(5) dictionary definition :: woordeboek definisie
1. meaning ::
2. denotation ::
3. sense ::
4. interpretation ::
5. explanation ::
7. description ::
9. illustration ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I believe offering chocolate to someone
falls within the DEFINITION of "nice."
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 3
It's interesting but isn't ventriloquism
by DEFINITION a solo activity?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
Well, apparently these people and I
differ greatly on the DEFINITION of "party."
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 12
That is not the DEFINITION of professional.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
"A thief is, by DEFINITION,
an inveterate optimist.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: definition
Meaning and definitions of definition, translation in Afrikaans language for definition with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of definition in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "definition"
What definition means in Afrikaans, definition meaning
in Afrikaans, definition definition, examples and pronunciation
of definition in Afrikaans language.