Noun(1) the use of speech for informal exchange of views or ideas or information etc.
(1) We would like to apologise to the lovely Ben if he is feeling distressed by this conversation .(2) The smoking ban has even fashioned the return of courtship through conversation .(3) she picked up the phone and held a conversation in French(4) the two men were deep in conversation(5) Far from providing a little less conversation , the theft has become a talking piece in the pub.(6) In many ways, this being on the same wavelength makes for easy and fluent conversation .(7) The exact detail of that conversation will remain a mystery, as neither party will tell.(8) That single conversation was to prove crucial to the storm that was to break hours later.(9) In conversation we discuss the power of music to get us through those dark nights of the soul.(10) I am simply not used to being required to carry out conversation at all hours of the day.(11) I'd taken control of where this conversation was going and at the same time stopped it dead.(12) Whether or not it's going to snow tomorrow is the only topic of conversation today.(13) This morning had an utterly lunatic conversation with the guy in our new corner shop.(14) it was an interesting topic of conversation(15) It's intriguing how quickly he will steer any given conversation back to politics.(16) This reminded me of a very different conversation overheard in our previous gym steam room.
(1) telephone conversation :: telefoongesprek
(2) make conversation :: maak gesprek
(3) casual conversation :: informele gesprek
(4) private conversation :: private gesprek
(5) start a conversation :: begin 'n gesprek
(6) hold a conversation :: hou 'n gesprek
(7) topic of conversation :: onderwerp van gesprek
(8) conversation class :: gesprek klas
1. discussion ::
2. talk ::
3. chat ::
4. gossip ::
6. heart-to-heart ::
hart tot hart
7. exchange ::
8. dialogue ::
9. confab ::
10. jaw ::
11. chitchat ::
13. gabfest ::
15. colloquy ::
conversation, conversational, conversations
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
When I asked for
a civilized CONVERSATION,
Westworld Season 2, Episode 5
This CONVERSATION is over.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 22
...to provide Amy with CONVERSATION
and casual physical contact.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
"The Professor had ordered me to leak
the CONVERSATION with the Inspector.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
...I would refer you to the CONVERSATION
we're having right now.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 1
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: conversation
Meaning and definitions of conversation, translation in Afrikaans language for conversation with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of conversation in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "conversation"
What conversation means in Afrikaans, conversation meaning
in Afrikaans, conversation definition, examples and pronunciation
of conversation in Afrikaans language.