Noun(1) a (usually rectangular(2) private area in a theater or grandstand where a small group can watch the performance(3) the quantity contained in a box(4) a predicament from which a skillful or graceful escape is impossible(5) a rectangular drawing(6) evergreen shrubs or small trees(7) any one of several designated areas on a ball field where the batter or catcher or coaches are positioned(8) the driver's seat on a coach(9) separate partitioned area in a public place for a few people(10) a blow with the hand (usually on the ear
Verb(1) put into a box(2) hit with the fist(3) engage in a boxing match
(1) The pair caused quite a stir when they took their seats in the VIP box at Fenway Park.(2) I didn't check the others, but the Opteron box was displaying a generic screensaver over a locked console.(3) She removed another device, a mechanical box connected by a cord to a piece of metal with a plastic handle.(4) A ripening banana put in a lidded box with green tomatoes turns them red.(5) As predicted I stayed home Friday night, kicked back and watched all manner of light entertainment on the box .(6) Another thing they shared was the ability to box effectively while still carrying knockout power in either fist.(7) If you wanted to make a film on how to box , he would be the fighter you would want to film.(8) to box sb(9) a box of chocolates(10) Make sure your spa comes with a protective box or panel designed to keep out rain and water from sprinkler systems.(11) A glass structure links the box with the rest of the house, enclosing the last open corner of the terrace.(12) If he does, the umpire will merely direct the proper batter to take his place in the batter's box while inheriting the count.(13) He will be in the batter's box facing Major League pitching every fifth day.(14) Clydebank almost grabbed the lead in the 31st minute when their trialist wriggled free in the box , but he shot inches wide of the near post.(15) she ate a whole box of chocolates that night(16) a box at the opera
(1) box office :: loket
(2) lunch box :: kosblik
(3) cardboard box :: kartondoos
(4) fuse box :: sekeringskas
(5) wooden box :: houtboks
(6) dialog box :: dialoog boks
(7) gift box :: geskenk boks
(8) jewelry box :: juwele boks
(9) phone box :: telefoonhokkie
1. carton ::
2. corner ::
3. box seat ::
4. boxwood ::
5. loge ::
7. package ::
8. fight ::
9. strike ::
box, boxed, boxen, boxer, boxers, boxes, boxing, boxlike, boxy, postbox, postboxes
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That was in
a lost and found BOX?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
Doesn't matter. Half the time,
he just ends up playing with the BOX.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 3
I just retrieved it
from my safe-deposit BOX.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
...and you're living in a refrigerator BOX
and washing your hair with rain water?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
Go grab a juice BOX.
Have a nap. Go on.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: box
Meaning and definitions of box, translation in Afrikaans language for box with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of box in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "box"
What box means in Afrikaans, box meaning in Afrikaans, box definition, examples and pronunciation of box in Afrikaans language.