Adverb(1) with a forward motion(2) in accompaniment or as a companion(3) to a more advanced state(4) in addition (usually followed by `with'(5) in line with a length or direction (often followed by `by' or `beside'
(1) He shot through the gap and continued along the narrow lane that would eventually reach a main road.(2) Unless we're talking about immortality, it really is just one more progression along a road we've been on for hundreds of years.(3) This has turned out to be a truly fascinating project as it was easy to see progress at each step along the way.(4) They are often found in open areas with cliffs, and along rocky coasts and rivers.(5) there are shops all along the beach(6) The wall was eventually extended along the border between East and West Germany.(7) she sailed along(8) The bell rang for wake up call as she hurried along the passage to the showers.(9) she moved the meeting along effectively(10) It is a pity that a visit to this Park was marred by the presence of a lot of litter right along the new concrete path at the side of the Park.(11) He suggested that a strip of ordinary road surface be put along each side of the road for the horses to walk on, thus making everyone happy.(12) The lady returned to her side, her dress rustling softly as it slid along the smooth surface.(13) they asked how the construction was coming along(14) the river meanders along the border(15) I was hesitant about passing along this information for two reasons.(16) you'll pick up some valuable tips along the way
(1) a long :: 'n lang
(2) get along :: kom oor die weg
(3) along with :: saam met
(4) come along :: kom saam
(5) get along with :: kom oor die weg met
(6) go along :: gaan saam
(7) move along :: beweeg
(8) all along :: heeltyd
(9) go along with :: gaan saam met dit
(10) bring along :: saambring
(11) along the way :: langs die pad
1. onward ::
2. as company ::
3. on ::
4. down ::
5. beside ::
6. on ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
way before you came ALONG.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
She doesn't get ALONG with Sheldon.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 24
Maybe you did know about Ramsay all ALONG.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
It was mine all ALONG.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 9
ALONG with his position, Fm afraid.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: along
Meaning and definitions of along, translation in Afrikaans language for along with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of along in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "along"
What along means in Afrikaans, along meaning in Afrikaans, along definition, examples and pronunciation of along in Afrikaans language.