om, rondom, omheen
Adjective(1) on the move
Adverb(1) (of quantities(2) all around or on all sides, or about(3) in the area or vicinity(4) used of movement to or among many different places or in no particular direction, or about(5) in or to a reversed position or direction(6) in rotation or succession(7) (of actions or states, just
(1) reduced by about 5 per cent(2) there was a look about her that said everything(3) there's not much work about(4) there was a lot of flu about(5) she looked about the room(6) it's about 100 km away(7) it's all about having fun(8) he must be somewhere about(9) Good biopics struggle to present a truth, if not the truth, about their subjects.(10) You go in feet first - there's enough room to move about and then come out head first.(11) she's about ready to go(12) The day was too warm and too nice for rushing about .(13) What we will have to settle for, at best, is a frank debate about some of the subjects raised by Mind the Gap.(14) This is the only reason that should be regarded when talking about this subject.(15) about my Christmas present(16) there was nobody about
(1) what about :: wat van
(2) talk about :: praat oor
(3) bring about :: bewerkstellig
(4) think about :: dink aan
(5) about what :: oor wat
(6) care about :: omgee vir
(7) about it :: daaroor
(8) think about it :: dink daaroor
(9) forget about it :: vergeet daarvan
(10) thinking about :: dink oor
1. around ::
2. near ::
3. approximately ::
4. well-nigh ::
5. regarding ::
met betrekking tot
6. around ::
7. astir ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
What, they didn't think
ABOUT stealing a hand truck?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
I was just talking to Siri
ABOUT Peking duck,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
...but I'm hearing chancy things ABOUT
their bathrooms since they renovated.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
I haven't heard enough ABOUT it,
because hearing ABOUT that never gets old!
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 5
I'm concerned ABOUT Amy.
She's acting a bit odd, lately.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 7
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: about
Meaning and definitions of about, translation in Afrikaans language for about with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of about in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "about"
What about means in Afrikaans, about meaning in Afrikaans, about definition, examples and pronunciation of about in Afrikaans language.