Adjective(1) relating to or derived from the sun or utilizing the energies of the sun
(1) No one would have believed that she was the sort of woman who would rather be climbing the rigging on a ship than embroidering a pillow in the solar .(2) The lilting notes of Cein's flute filled the air as Edith sat amongst her ladies-in-waiting in her private solar .(3) These plasma flows transport, concentrate, and help spread out solar magnetic fields.(4) They reflect the lithological and mineralogical variations of exposed rocks and soils by separating the solar reflected energy into six spectral bands.(5) Fifteen sports will be catered for in a huge Olympic Park, where the Olympic village will be powered by solar and geothermal energy.(6) It produces no carbon emissions, thanks to solar heating and clever design.(7) Any site having solar and electromagnetic energy is good for residence.(8) Most of the spots that did appear were located near the solar equator and scarcely lasted for more than one rotation of the Sun.(9) All the classrooms incorporate energy-efficient lighting and passive solar heating.(10) The teacher says her tiny pupils have already become firm believers in ecological solar - generated energy.(11) Some asteroids orbit at a solar distance where their year is matched to Jupiter's year.(12) The zoo built a new enclosure for the otters last year, complete with waterfalls and solar heating to keep the correct temperatures.(13) Specific problems which Lexell studied in astronomy were his calculation of the solar parallax and his calculation of the orbits of several comets.(14) Mars has only the tiniest trace of a magnetic field, nothing like the huge bubble that surrounds the earth and protects us from solar and cosmic radiation.(15) Pray that the stairs are passable all the way to the solar .(16) Space is a hostile environment due to solar radiation, particle impacts and the intense cold of deep space.
(1) solar panel :: sonpaneel
(2) solar system :: sonnestelsel
(3) solar power :: sonkrag
(4) solar energy :: sonenergie
(5) solar eclipse :: sonsverduistering
(6) solar cell :: sonsel
(7) solar water heater :: solar water heater
(8) solar flare :: solar flare
(9) solar plexus :: Solar plexus
(10) the solar system :: die sonnestelsel
1. solar ::
2. heliacal ::
3. meridian ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If 65 billion SOLAR neutrinos pass
through a square centimeter every second...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
of the moon's SOLAR reflection...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
Model of the SOLAR system,
developed by Nicolaus Copernicus...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
may have discovered
a new planet in our SOLAR system?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 16
You know, last time, I was able to book
a cruise to the Arctic to see a SOLAR eclipse.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: solar
Meaning and definitions of solar, translation in Afrikaans language for solar with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of solar in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "solar"
What solar means in Afrikaans, solar meaning in Afrikaans, solar definition, examples and pronunciation of solar in Afrikaans language.