Noun(1) an excavation that is (usually(2) a small lake(3) an organization of people or resources that can be shared(4) an association of companies for some definite purpose(5) any communal combination of funds(6) a small body of standing water (rainwater(7) the combined stakes of the betters(8) something resembling a pool of liquid(9) any of various games played on a pool table having 6 pockets
Verb(1) combine into a common fund(2) join or form a pool of people
(1) Luke summarized while he and Mary played pool at Billiards.(2) The basic premise of a mutual fund involves a group of investors who pool their assets so that they can afford the services of a professional money manager.(3) All those who match all six main numbers share the amount in the Jackpot pool , which depends mainly on total sales.(4) they entered a contract to pool any gains and invest them profitably(5) This will be based in the Auckland region in order to pool the resources and share them fairly amongst the different tertiary providers there.(6) Warren's body was found lying in a pool of blood on a staircase by two employees at about 7.30 am.(7) And, if so, what should the dollar amount for the pool of punitive damages be?(8) But I did get up and play a game of pool - which I lost by sinking the cue ball on my 8-ball shot.(9) You can hike ravines like Emma Gorge, arriving at a circular pool fed by waters plunging over a high cliff.(10) Some drivers pool their resources to share one or more cars.(11) the oldest vehicle in the motor pool(12) Monson Road members can play pool , snooker, darts, bar billiards, and enjoy live entertainment including karaoke and discos.(13) The center didn't have a pool , so swimming wasn't an option.(14) In the motor pool , mechanics pulled the transmission from a bomb-battered Humvee.(15) Each tournament will feature a pool phase followed by a straight knockout competition as has been used on the international circuit for the last two years.(16) Wrestlers will fight each other within their pool , with the winners of the two four-man pools qualifying for the semi-finals.
(1) swimming pool :: swembad
(2) pool party :: swembad partytjie
(3) pool table :: Pool tafel
(4) play pool :: speel swembad
(5) indoor swimming pool :: binnenshuise swembad
(6) outdoor pool :: buite swembad
(7) gene pool :: genepoel
(8) paddling pool :: pierenbad
(9) plunge pool :: plonspoel
(10) pool hall :: swembad saal
1. puddle ::
2. swimming pool ::
3. supply ::
4. fund ::
5. lottery ::
6. pond ::
7. pocket billiards ::
8. kitty ::
9. consortium ::
10. combine ::
pool, pooled, pooling, pools
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Like, go over to the university POOL
and play water polo?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
The last time I saw him
I left him in a POOL of blood
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
It's easier to train in a swimming POOL,
but our job isn't in a fucking POOL.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
I'm not suggesting we really make her
jump out of a POOL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 3
Hank said that when you walked
into the POOL, that's when you knew.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 10
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: pool
Meaning and definitions of pool, translation in Afrikaans language for pool with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of pool in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "pool"
What pool means in Afrikaans, pool meaning
in Afrikaans, pool definition, examples and pronunciation
of pool in Afrikaans language.