Noun(1) the totality of surrounding conditions(2) the area in which something exists or lives
(1) If they are really involved in social activities and the environment , there is no limit.(2) Why should the environment and natural resources in general be treated differently?(3) "I want to ensure that all students are given a safe environment conducive to learning, " he says.(4) a desktop development environment(5) So much sewage being pumped into the Thames is bad for the environment , bad for human health and bad for the image of the Thames.(6) Anything that gets in the way, from human rights to the environment , is trampled underfoot.(7) survival in an often hostile environment(8) The depositional environment that preserved this fauna has been subject to widely different interpretations.(9) an economic environment that encourages enterprise(10) Neither really confronts other than tangentially how being a port distinctively shaped the urban environment and the urban experience.(11) If you put this into the context of the diving environment the prognosis is pretty poor.(12) They do this because the environment lobby carries less clout that the vested interests of business.(13) They fired one long-term employee and have been creating a hostile work environment .(14) Some fantastic things are happening in terms of learning in the workplace environment .(15) Then I was in this blissful studio environment where you're completely unaware of what's going on.(16) The lipid membrane environment influences the conformational space explored by the peptide.
(1) business environment :: besigheids omgewing
(2) natural environment :: natuurlike omgewing
(3) work environment :: werks omgewing
(4) operating environment :: bedryfsomgewing
(5) built environment :: gebou omgewing
(6) environment variable :: omgewing veranderlike
(7) harsh environment :: harde omgewing
(8) development environment :: ontwikkeling omgewing
(9) economic environment :: ekonomiese omgewing
(10) social environment :: sosiale omgewing
1. habitat ::
2. situation ::
3. the natural world ::
die natuurlike wêreld
4. surround ::
environment, environmental, environments
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It provides information
from the ENVIRONMENT
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 15
You know, if this experiment is going to
be valid, I suggest a neutral ENVIRONMENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
...who is steady in the face of danger,
so I recommend an unsafe ENVIRONMENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
is in a warm,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 11
Homeostasis refers to a system's ability
to regulate its internal ENVIRONMENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 2
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: environment
Meaning and definitions of environment, translation in Afrikaans language for environment with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of environment in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "environment"
What environment means in Afrikaans, environment meaning in Afrikaans, environment definition, examples and pronunciation of environment in Afrikaans language.