Noun(1) a positive feeling of liking
(1) the prisoners crave affection and hence participate in sexual relationships(2) He suffered from an affection of the bladder, and was at length compelled to resort to a surgical operation for relief.(3) she felt affection for the wise old lady(4) He felt almost intoxicated with admiration and affection for this man.(5) When I go out and about people have incredible affection for me and I think well, that's not bad.(6) I have a great affinity and affection for my American counterparts.(7) Douglas showed respect and affection for the people he portrayed.(8) And I know I'll never ever lose affection for the people and place that once played such an important role in my life.(9) Participants were asked to rate physical affection with parents on 5-point Likert scales.(10) This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us.(11) I have a real personal admiration and affection for him, and I hope and believe he does for me as well.(12) And Canadians have always had this sort of affection for us and we've always had this affection for the Canadian people.(13) Like all the veterans who fought in Holland, he has tremendous affection for the Dutch people.(14) And I think about that so often, because of the universality of people's love and affection for their dads.(15) an affection of the skin(16) I suffered from an affection of the sight, which forbade all use of the eyes for purposes of study.
(1) have affection for :: het liefde vir
(2) mutual affection :: wedersydse liefde
(3) have deep affection for :: het diepe liefde vir
(4) tender affection :: tender liefde
1. fondness ::
2. love ::
3. liking ::
5. warmth ::
6. devotion ::
7. endearment ::
8. care ::
9. caring ::
10. attachment ::
11. friendship ::
12. warm feelings ::
1. abomination ::
2. hate ::
3. hatred ::
affection, affections, disaffection
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I was built with an AFFECTION
for hopeless causes.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
I did not come here today
seeking your AFFECTION.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
Some of the Night's Watch feel you have
too much AFFECTION for the wildlings.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
We just want a little AFFECTION.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
You know what? I feel uncomfortable
engaging in a public display of AFFECTION
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: affection
Meaning and definitions of affection, translation in Afrikaans language for affection with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of affection in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "affection"
What affection means in Afrikaans, affection meaning in Afrikaans, affection definition, examples and pronunciation of affection in Afrikaans language.