Noun(1) a proportion in relation to a whole (which is usually the amount per hundred(2) assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group
(1) The best way to compare loans is by looking at the cost of credit and the annual percentage rate.(2) I find only a very small percentage of people are willing to take time out and learn some new strategies.(3) I bet if a referendum were called for, the percentage of the whole population would be nearly the same as that in the survey.(4) That puts me in agreement with somewhere around half of the electorate in the US and a somewhat greater percentage of people world wide.(5) There may be a small percentage that comes back, but a station does not usually get back the whole percentage that was lost.(6) It is only a very small percentage of people in the cinema field who make lots and lots of money.(7) In any case, the Supreme Court reviews only a tiny percentage of judicial rulings made each year.(8) There is a big corporate market for the championships, but their percentage of the whole audience is quite tiny.(9) The rate reverts to an annualised percentage rate of 16.9 per cent after six months.(10) the percentage of cesareans at the hospital was three percent higher than the national average(11) He expects the bank to lower its main rate by half a percentage point to 2 percent next month.(12) He said the offer meant a 4.8 per cent increase, with a greater percentage increase for some workers.(13) Of course the dangerous few can never be educated and should be taken off the road, but in reality they are a tiny percentage of drivers.(14) I only put up a tiny percentage of the stories that are posted on the site.(15) Share represents the percentage of televisions tuned to a particular program.(16) a large percentage increase in the population over 85
(1) annual percentage rate :: jaarlikse persentasie
(2) percentage point :: persentasiepunt
(3) deduct a percentage :: aftrek 'n persentasie
(4) high percentage :: hoë persentasie
1. share ::
2. part ::
3. portion ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They told me what PERCENTAGE
of my face to shave.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
They cut you a PERCENTAGE for
smuggling across the border.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: percentage
Meaning and definitions of percentage, translation in Afrikaans language for percentage with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of percentage in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "percentage"
What percentage means in Afrikaans, percentage meaning
in Afrikaans, percentage definition, examples and pronunciation
of percentage in Afrikaans language.