Conjunction(1) used to introduce a further negative statement.(2) than.
Noun(1) a Boolean operator that gives the value one if and only if all operands have a value of zero and otherwise has a value of zero.
Abbreviation(1) (especially in compounds) north.
Prefix(1) denoting an organic compound derived from another, in particular by the shortening of a chain or ring by the removal of one methylene group or by the replacement of one or more methyl side chains by hydrogen atoms.
(1) they were neither cheap nor convenient(2) Neither the donor nor the hospital had any indication that he carried a hereditary disorder.(3) Take it from one who knows: our second First Minister was not corrupt, nor was he stupid.(4) She did not return to her GP for a second visit, nor was she taken into hospital on October 26.(5) This description is neither entirely accurate nor indicative of the Jewish legend.(6) They indicated that they could neither speak nor hear but that they wanted him to sign the books of matches they had brought.(7) The indications as stated are that this is not being achieved nor indeed will it be in the medium term at any rate.(8) she didn't get that letter, nor the next one(9) On second thoughts, neither the apartment owner nor I had any reason to be unhappy.(10) she thinks she knows better nor me(11) the struggle did not end, nor was it any less diminished(12) Neither taste nor strength have been compromised in producing this alternative.(13) I had no recollection of my journey to this place nor indication of the time it took to get here.(14) He did not speak, nor give any indication that he was conscious of their presence.(15) Rental of ski equipment, and the lessons, were not cheap but nor were they exorbitant.(16) Our friends may not be the best indicators, nor a record's position in the charts.
(1) neither nor :: nie nie
(2) neither here nor there :: nie te sê nie
(3) neither this nor that :: nie hierdie nie dat
(4) neither more nor less :: nie meer en nie minder
(5) neither good nor bad :: nie goed of sleg
(6) neither fish nor fowl :: vleis of vis
(7) nor yet :: nie nog
1. nor ::
2. or ::
3. nor yet ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Neither silence NOR lies were an option.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
in the judgment of your Small Council,
it would be neither proper NOR wise
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
NOR anyone else
here in Kattegat.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 3
NOR yet in company.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 9
NOR a true Baratheon.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: nor
Meaning and definitions of nor, translation in Afrikaans language for nor with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of nor in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "nor"
What nor means in Afrikaans, nor meaning in Afrikaans, nor definition, examples and pronunciation of nor in Afrikaans language.