Noun(1) one of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participate in a group organization(2) anything that belongs to a set or class(3) an external body part that projects from the body(4) an organization that is a member of another organization (especially a state that belongs to a group of nations(5) the male sex organ (`member' is a euphemism
(1) a member of the drama club(2) she's an active member of Greenpeace(3) He was an active member of the Philharmonic Society, for which he conducted concerts.(4) Our host will be local historian, Jim Hegarty, who is also an active member of the Society.(5) At university, I was an active member of a society for magicians.(6) I was an active member of the Tolkien Society at the time of the first film.(7) After retirement she was town councillor and deputy mayor and was a member of many local societies.(8) No matter which two matrices are chosen, their matrix product will be a member of I.(9) He could feel his voice becoming huskier and his member was becoming uncomfortably hard in his wet jeans.(10) A finite sporadic simple group is a finite simple group which is not a member of one of the standard infinite families.(11) the male member(12) Kim was a college student from South Korea and an active member of the Film society in his university.(13) member of a given set(14) he became a member of the society(15) As befitting his academic stature, Edward Said was a member of countless organizations and societies.(16) a family member
(1) family member :: familielid
(2) team member :: spanmaat
(3) staff member :: personeellid
(4) become a member :: word 'n lid
(5) member name :: lid naam
(6) board member :: raadslid
(7) crew member :: bemanningslid
(8) member state :: lidland
(9) member of the board :: lid van die raad
(10) new member :: nuwe lid
2. constituent ::
3. limb ::
4. phallus ::
5. appendage ::
6. fellow member ::
member, members, membership, memberships, nonmember, nonmembers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He appears to be a MEMBER
of the Nigerian royal family.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
I don't need to be a MEMBER of
the most elite magical society
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
Leonard's a MEMBER,
and that really steams my clams.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 17
A MEMBER of your family who has actively
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
- Who's my favorite MEMBER of NSYNC?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 9
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: member
Meaning and definitions of member, translation in Afrikaans language for member with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of member in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "member"
What member means in Afrikaans, member meaning in Afrikaans, member definition, examples and pronunciation of member in Afrikaans language.