- arbeidantilaborgearbeiarbeiderswaar kry
Noun(1) a social class comprising those who do manual labor or work for wages(2) productive work (especially physical work done for wages(3) concluding state of pregnancy; from the onset of contractions to the birth of a child(4) an organized attempt by workers to improve their status by united action (particularly via labor unions(5) a political party formed in Great Britain in 1900; characterized by the promotion of labor's interests and formerly the socialization of key industries(6) the federal department responsible for promoting the working conditions of wage earners in the United States; created in 1913(7) any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted
Verb(1) strive and make an effort to reach a goal(2) work hard(3) undergo the efforts of childbirth
(1) Your situation highlights the tragedy of the American labor movement and the dilemma facing the working class today.(2) nonunion casual labor(3) Most are low-end workers doing street-cleaning or other manual labor .(4) By the time Michael had called them, Jamie had already been in labor four hours.(5) the labor movement(6) It says that cerebral palsy is almost never caused by fetal distress in labor .(7) Fortunately, the body provides several clues that the onset of labor is approaching.(8) If the South was exceptional, it was not in worker resistance to organized labor , but employer resistance.(9) This modification was typical of the hard-working ground crews who would labor day and night to find solutions for the problems that came up in this new theater of war.(10) I also defend our right to civil protest when city projects employ less qualified nonunion labor .(11) The labor movement's political clout is waning with most red states having right to work laws that effectively ban unions.(12) They can also improve your posture and strengthen your abdominal muscles for labor and delivery.(13) Their work will be contracted out to private companies that employ largely nonunion low-paid labor .(14) These forces have also weakened labor movements in many other industrial countries.(15) Excluding temporary manufacturing labor , 785,000 factory workers have lost their jobs over the past 11 months.(16) There is no section of the official labor movement that upholds the most elementary principles of working class solidarity.
(1) labor union :: vakbond
(2) labor force :: arbeidsmag
(3) labor pains :: kraampyne
(4) labor market :: arbeidsmark
(5) manual labor :: hande arbeid
(6) labor cost :: arbeidskoste
(7) child labor :: kinderarbeid
(8) forced labor :: dwangarbeid
(9) cheap labor :: goedkoop arbeid
(10) direct labor :: direkte arbeid
1. work ::
3. task ::
4. childbirth ::
5. labor department ::
departement van arbeid
6. parturiency ::
7. labor movement ::
8. toil ::
10. work ::
11. strive ::
12. overemphasize ::
13. suffer from ::
14. grind ::
15. push ::
1. fun ::
2. play ::
antilabor, labor, labored, laborer, laborers, laboring, labors
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No, no. The doctor said
I can work practically
up until I go into LABOR.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
that put her right into LABOR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 16
...but whose real talents lie
in menial LABOR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 3
I think I'm in LABOR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
the division of LABOR very clear.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: labor
Meaning and definitions of labor, translation in Afrikaans language for labor with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of labor in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "labor"
What labor means in Afrikaans, labor meaning in Afrikaans, labor definition, examples and pronunciation of labor in Afrikaans language.