Adjective(1) immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth(2) (often followed by `for'(3) wanting to eat or drink more than one can reasonably consume
(1) Thus, banks became greedy , taking on huge risks in hopes of even bigger rewards.(2) don't be greedy!(3) I know these creatures are noisy, greedy , messy and will take the ice cream cone right out of your hand but I still love them.(4) Therefore many greedy landlords do not do repairs, unless forced to.(5) The trick is probably not to be too greedy .(6) she's greedy for money(7) Franklin had a great time - laughing his head off at all the greedy birds arguing over his cheerios.(8) When he goes home he visits schools and orphanages; hardly the actions of a greedy and selfish man.(9) Players are becoming greedy for money and attention and they don't seem to care about forming a great team.(10) My Cat is really greedy and ate a dish of hot curry I had left on the counter.(11) "I made two bowls, because I know you guys are so greedy ."(12) They are sometimes pugilistic, invariably dominant, and often greedy for power.(13) It's partly the result, he says, of our endless greedy appetite for the good things of life.(14) The dog is very greedy and is eating all of his food!(15) It isn't hard to look around and see examples of greedy people, people who love money.(16) Invest in what you know or understand and don't be too greedy .
(1) greedy man :: gulsige man
(2) greedy pig :: gulsige vark
(3) very greedy :: baie gulsige
(4) greedy eater :: gulsige eter
1. gluttonous ::
2. avaricious ::
3. eager ::
4. avid ::
5. grabby ::
1. indifferent ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I know what those blacksmiths
are like, GREEDY bastards.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
Seems a bit GREEDY for one man
to have so many wives.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
My god is not GREEDY.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 3
I'm sorry. Let's just say it starts
with my parents being GREEDY,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 4
It's in her book,
Needy Baby, Greedy Baby.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: greedy
Meaning and definitions of greedy, translation in Afrikaans language for greedy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of greedy in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "greedy"
What greedy means in Afrikaans, greedy meaning in Afrikaans, greedy definition, examples and pronunciation of greedy in Afrikaans language.