Noun(1) abstaining from food
Verb(1) abstain from certain foods, as for religious or medical reasons(2) abstain from eating
Adjective(1) acting or moving or capable of acting or moving quickly(2) (used of timepieces(3) at a rapid tempo(4) (of surfaces(5) resistant to destruction or fading(6) unrestrained by convention or morality(7) hurried and brief(8) securely fixed in place(9) unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause(10) (of a photographic lens or emulsion
Adverb(1) quickly or rapidly (often used as a combining form, or fast-closing(2) firmly or closely
(1) It's 2:30 by my watch (though my watch is a bit fast ), and we're still in Portland.(2) The setup had to be optimized for response times below microseconds by using a fast dye and by applying a fast fluorescence detector.(3) The King George VI Chase at Kempton could be next for the horse if the ground was to come up on the fast side and rule out Best Mate.(4) He was a fast learner, able to look back at his own mistakes and improve.(5) Cecil felt things were just going a bit too fast for his liking.(6) Tom Adair examines the short life and fast times of an all - American great.(7) Some of them actually buy a number of drinks and consume them quickly to get a fast kick.(8) Another fast ship of those times was the American Clipper the Flying Cloud.(9) Maybe you are like an idol to her to have her cling to you so fast .(10) Its not a super fast track, but it is very technical with some great corners and elevation changes.(11) The surface of the pitch was outstanding and the outfield was fast and true.(12) She says this all very fast and energetically like she has held it in there for so long, and needs to tell someone.(13) Further than that, the Bught Park is traditionally a fast surface, an ideal venue for the sharp stick work both sets of forwards favour.(14) A year ago, the two were fast allies.(15) Amanda wandered back to the beach to find Nora fast asleep in the shade.(16) It's no use, the door's stuck fast !
(1) fast food :: kitskos
(2) very fast :: baie vinnig
(3) run fast :: hardloop vinnig
(4) too fast :: te vinnig
(5) fast and furious :: vinnig en woedend
(6) go fast :: gaan vinnig
(7) fast car :: vinnige kar
(8) as fast as :: so vinnig soos
(9) fast food restaurant :: kitskos restaurant
1. speedy ::
2. secure ::
3. indelible ::
4. loyal ::
5. promiscuous ::
6. flying ::
7. dissipated ::
8. truehearted ::
9. immobile ::
13. wildly ::
14. tight ::
15. period of fasting ::
tydperk van vas
17. eat nothing ::
1. slow ::
fast, fasted, faster, fastest, fasting, fasts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We drove away
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 19
♪ l get that ♪
♪ Fast money ♪
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
I love going FAST,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
Oh, my God. How FAST were you going?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 11
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: fast
Meaning and definitions of fast, translation in Afrikaans language for fast with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fast in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "fast"
What fast means in Afrikaans, fast meaning in Afrikaans, fast definition, examples and pronunciation of fast in Afrikaans language.