Noun(1) the child of your aunt or uncle
(1) she's a distant cousin(2) Though you probably wouldn't want to chug a gallon of it, diethylene glycol is nowhere near as harmful as its similarly named chemical cousin .(3) The flat belonged to his cousin - a woman on the fringes of the underworld.(4) It is closely related to its more favourite cousin the melon.(5) This man is surely a distant cousin ; probably a descendant of Cap'n Skewes!(6) In this case he is referred to as a nephew of the deceased in accordance with the Portuguese practice, although in fact he was the son of a distant cousin .(7) He was my second cousin once removed.(8) AM ├ö├ç├┐talk├ö├ç├û radio in Australia is fairly similar to its American cousin .(9) The family includes his wife, two daughters, his father, his cousin and sister-in-law.(10) Before that, next month, the skipper and his team will make their debut in the Scottish Islands Peaks Race, the Scottish cousin of the longer established Three Peaks event.(11) Much as some may think otherwise, counter-insurgency and its cousin counter-terrorism are old businesses with a lot of history.(12) Or it was your 13-year-old second cousin visiting from out of town.(13) In 1683, aged 18, she was married to Prince George of Denmark, a distant cousin , and their relationship quickly blossomed into one of lasting devotion.(14) Albeit a somewhat watered-down analog of garlic, their more malodorous cousin , raw onions are one of the best medicinal foods.(15) Hume was Burns' second cousin once removed, and he dabbled in poetry himself.(16) The result of all these developments is that, finally, the digital scope could make its analogue cousin obsolete.
(1) second cousin :: tweede neef
(2) first cousin :: neef
(3) cousin sister :: neef suster
(4) distant cousin :: verlangse neef
(5) cousin brother :: neef broer
(6) german cousin :: Duitse neef
(7) cater-cousin :: voorsiening te maak-neef
(8) younger cousin :: jonger neef
(9) third cousin :: derde niggie
1. first cousin ::
2. full cousin ::
3. cousin-german ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
She was engaged to my COUSIN
while sleeping with my brother...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 7
I strangled my COUSIN
with my own hands
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
She's my second COUSIN. We were 15.
I just said, don't say it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 8
I borrowed it from
my COUSIN Antonio, from Madrid.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
Tell your COUSIN, come on.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: cousin
Meaning and definitions of cousin, translation in Afrikaans language for cousin with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of cousin in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "cousin"
What cousin means in Afrikaans, cousin meaning in Afrikaans, cousin definition, examples and pronunciation of cousin in Afrikaans language.