Noun(1) fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period(2) a hot fragment of wood or coal that is left from a fire and is glowing or smoldering
Verb(1) burn to charcoal(2) supply with coal(3) take in coal
(1) I went to a bad state school in a coal mining town in Australia.(2) Coal bed methane is a type of natural gas found in underground coal seams.(3) The breathing of coal and rock dust causes black lung, the common name given to the lung diseases pneumoconiosis and silicosis.(4) New owners exploited coal reserves more actively and sought markets within and beyond their localities.(5) Nine coal miners have been rescued following more than three days trapped underground.(6) Every now and then the two firemen would shovel coal in to the boilers.(7) Wind energy simply cannot employ as many people as the coal industry currently does.(8) Bituminous coal is found in seams of varying thicknesses.(9) Notice that the lower coal seam has vertical trees jutting out of it.(10) And then there is the mystery of coal prices going up in global markets.(11) A monument to mark Ingleton's coal mining heritage was officially unveiled this week.(12) It was shown in 1960 at Lambton shop track, with contractor's employee about to coal her up.(13) two bags of coal(14) This increase was in line with a growing demand for coal, especially as coal was used for fuel for steam vessels.(15) a coal fire(16) Surface mining began in the United States in the late eighteenth century, when farmers and others dug coal from exposed coal seams on hillsides and stream banks.
(1) coal mine :: steenkoolmyn
(2) coal mining :: steenkoolmynbou
(3) coal tar :: koolteer
(4) coal mines :: steenkoolmyne
(5) coal miner :: steenkoolmyner
(6) burning coal :: brandende steenkool
(7) steam coal :: stoom steenkool
(8) bituminous coal :: bitumineuse steenkool
(9) coal seam :: steenkool naat
(10) coking coal :: kookssteenkool
1. ember ::
2. char ::
coal, coaled, coaling, coals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
There's a COAL boiler in the basement.
Put her inside.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
That my body will blacken
And turn into COAL
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
We're not exactly out here
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: coal
Meaning and definitions of coal, translation in Afrikaans language for coal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of coal in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "coal"
What coal means in Afrikaans, coal meaning in Afrikaans, coal definition, examples and pronunciation of coal in Afrikaans language.