Verb(1) give advice to(2) inform (somebody(3) make a proposal, declare a plan for something
(1) The above guidelines advise against antibiotics because of their ineffectiveness, which may not be true.(2) I will amend archived entries to include corrections of fact and advise you accordingly.(3) And it may encourage solicitors to advise silence for other than good objective reasons.(4) Even if your security officers advise against it, why not pull over and mingle with the crowd?(5) we advise against sending cash by post(6) We advise against all but essential travel to all other parts of Iraq.(7) If you're hurt in an accident, your lawyer can advise you on the value of your claim.(8) Most homeopaths advise against the use of essential oils if you are taking a homeopathic remedy.(9) The experts advise against turning existing bedrooms into almost anything else.(10) He or she might advise against it because it may put you at risk of complications.(11) Your doctor will assess you, and advise the best course of treatment to deal with the problem.(12) we advise against sending cash by mail(13) As my name suggests, I am not qualified to offer advice but I would advise caution(14) You should lock into a fixed rate for the best deal - but experts advise against tying up your money for more than a year.(15) They advise against the sales of items that could be faulty and pose a danger risk like the brakes failing on a pushchair.(16) I wouldn't advise sleeping pills, but a nice warm bath might do the trick.
(1) advise against :: adviseer teen
(2) give advise :: gee advies
(3) advise on :: adviseer oor
(4) advise with :: adviseer met
1. counsel ::
2. advocate ::
3. inform of ::
4. propose ::
5. apprize ::
advise, advised, advisement, advises, advising
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Okay, my job is to ADVISE,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 9
I'm only here to ADVISE him.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
I wish I'd had someone
to ADVISE me...
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
So I ADVISE you move,
because I'm done talking.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
it is my duty to ADVISE you against it.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 10
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: advise
Meaning and definitions of advise, translation in Afrikaans language for advise with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of advise in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "advise"
What advise means in Afrikaans, advise meaning in Afrikaans, advise definition, examples and pronunciation of advise in Afrikaans language.