Verb(1) be worried, concerned, anxious, troubled, or uneasy(2) be concerned with(3) disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress(4) be on the mind of(5) lacerate by biting(6) touch or rub constantly
Adjective(1) afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief(2) mentally upset over possible misfortune or danger etc
(1) Parents are sometimes worried about their own lack of knowledge of computer technology and embarrassed to admit that their children know more about computers than they do!(2) When he still wasn't home by 1:00 AM on a week-night when he was usually home by 9:00 PM, I got so worried I called a police precinct.(3) I'm starting to get a little worried about the enormity of the task ahead and the amount of change the next couple of months will bring.(4) Many children are also worried about their younger brothers and sisters and want to protect them.(5) When you are upset or worried , you can draw something and it seems to just flush all your ill feelings away.(6) Unfortunately, because I was so worried that my art work would not be good enough, I wasn't really concerned about what I was supposed to be learning.(7) So many in my district are worried about why the poverty numbers are rising.(8) Robyn didn't show up, which had me a bit worried the whole time (I later learned she fell asleep).(9) Should we be worried ?(10) Think of the last thing that made you feel bad, nervous, or worried .
(1) worry :: bekommer
(2) worried about :: bekommerd oor
(3) be worried :: wees bekommerd
(4) worried sick :: bekommerd siek
(5) get worried :: kry bekommerd
(6) be worried about :: wees bekommerd oor
1. anxious ::
2. distressed ::
3. apprehensive ::
4. fret ::
5. trouble ::
6. occupy ::
7. vex ::
8. care ::
1. calm ::
2. compose ::
3. quiet ::
4. settle ::
5. soothe ::
unworried, worried, worriedly
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm getting WORRIED.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
he probably WORRIED
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 15
Aren't you WORRIED
about the gold cloaks?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
By the way, if you're at all WORRIED
about working with me...
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
When I saw that, I got WORRIED
so I checked Accounts Receivable.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: worried
Meaning and definitions of worried, translation in Afrikaans language for worried with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of worried in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "worried"
What worried means in Afrikaans, worried meaning in Afrikaans, worried definition, examples and pronunciation of worried in Afrikaans language.