- terwylwhiledaf en toeonderonsjes
Noun(1) a period of indeterminate length (usually short
(1) After a while , the consensus on how to respond to the examples breaks down and the debate stalls.(2) I went back and watched TV for a while till Jess wanted to go back to her room.(3) The sky was almost black, while the trees and shrubs where all frosty pink.(4) the period while the animal remains alive(5) a diversion to while away the long afternoons(6) The result was a lengthy hiatus in the building work while another contractor was sought.(7) Some contracts offer just protection, while others provide investment links.(8) while I wouldn't recommend a night-time visit, by day the area is full of interest(9) None the less, for a while it became very difficult for writers to present their views artistically.(10) All this while my family was watching from inside the van, and in full view of all those in line.(11) Domitia finds the list while he sleeps, and joins others whose names are there in a conspiracy.(12) At this time kidneys were taken a little while after the donor's heart had stopped and death had been pronounced.(13) The victims were attacked while watching a cricket match between India and Pakistan on television.(14) Thus while we can start with Waltz, we certainly do not want to stop with him.(15) There were two bastards in the Jones household for a while - but only one of them was truly Jenny's.(16) he starts to draw, talking the while
(1) for a while :: vir 'n rukkie
(2) once in a while :: een keer in 'n rukkie
(3) a while :: n rukkie
(4) after a while :: na 'n rukkie
(5) in a while :: oor 'n rukkie
(6) in a little while :: binnekort
(7) a while ago :: n ruk gelede
(8) every once in a while :: elke keer in 'n rukkie
(9) a little while :: n klein rukkie
(10) wait a while :: wag 'n rukkie
1. during the time that ::
gedurende die tyd wat
2. when ::
3. as ::
4. whilst ::
5. time ::
6. spell ::
7. stretch ::
8. stint ::
9. span ::
10. interval ::
11. period ::
12. duration ::
13. phase ::
14. patch ::
15. pass ::
16. spend ::
17. occupy ::
18. use up ::
19. fritter ::
20. kill ::
while, whiled, whiles, whiling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It was a WHILE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
JOY: While a robot can always
change their programming,
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
Watch your football game
WHILE I make you a plate here.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
While you're at it,
why don't you lift your shirt up,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
Well, it is,
just, you know, I'd be gone for a WHILE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: while
Meaning and definitions of while, translation in Afrikaans language for while with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of while in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "while"
What while means in Afrikaans, while meaning in Afrikaans, while definition, examples and pronunciation of while in Afrikaans language.