Noun(1) a structure in a hollow organ (like the heart(2) device in a brass wind instrument for varying the length of the air column to alter the pitch of a tone(3) control consisting of a mechanical device for controlling the flow of a fluid(4) the entire one-piece shell of a snail and certain other molluscs(5) one of the paired hinged shells of certain molluscs and of brachiopods
(1) Its speed can be influenced by the waste-gate valve , which is controlled by the pressure-driven converter.(2) a valve shuts off the flow from the boiler when the water is hot enough(3) heart valve(4) The brush-like hairs at the end of the anther tube are not bent, and they enclose the valve .(5) The remains usually consisted of a large piece of one valve plus a fragment of the other valve attached by a virtually intact hinge.(6) During pregnancy, hormones relax the muscles in your digestive tract, including the valve in the esophagus.(7) For example, every fixture must include an isolation valve to allow maintenance personnel to shut down individual fixtures.(8) To remove the clog, close the shutoff valve at the bottom of the radiator and unscrew the air vent.(9) As the pollinator pushes back the brush-like hairs, the valve opens releasing the pollen onto the back of the pollinator.(10) All these plates that attach to the floor of the brachial valve may have been thickened by secondary overgrowth.(11) If you choose to have a fountain in your water garden, place the control valve from the fountain assembly onto the top outlet of the pump.(12) Using them would mean that attachments could be installed without disassembly of the main control valve or draining of hydraulic fluids.(13) the aortic valve(14) The system is regulated by a height control valve which allows fluid to move between spheres to keep the car level.(15) The low cardiac output manifests as fatigue, while the higher end diastolic pressure is transmitted backwards through the valveless pulmonary veins to the pulmonary capillaries, resulting in exertional dyspnoea.(16) The two shell valves would have been rigidly fixed in place, and the dorsal margin could not have been more than a poorly elastic structure, if that.
(1) check valve :: eenrigting klep
(2) safety valve :: veiligheidsklep
(3) relief valve :: ontlasklep
(4) ball valve :: balklep
(5) control valve :: Beheerklep
(6) drain valve :: dreineer klep
(7) throttle valve :: Gasklep
(8) exhaust valve :: uitlaatklep
(9) needle valve :: naald klep
1. flap ::
3. inlet ::
4. tap ::
5. faucet ::
6. stopcock ::
univalve, univalves, valve, valved, valveless, valves, valving
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Opening seawater VALVE.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
The doctors put in
a prosthetic VALVE,
so she's-- Lucy's fine.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
...and I made a teeny-tiny mistake
on the specifications for the diverter VALVE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: valve
Meaning and definitions of valve, translation in Afrikaans language for valve with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of valve in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "valve"
What valve means in Afrikaans, valve meaning in Afrikaans, valve definition, examples and pronunciation of valve in Afrikaans language.