Adjective(1) of or relating to or caused by a toxin or poison
(1) It is a complex global environmental hazard, with knock-on effects, and is unlike exposure to a dose of some specific toxic chemical or radiation.(2) A toxic , overworked liver can contribute to problems with weight gain.(3) When using insecticides and other toxic chemicals, cover your skin with gloves, long sleeves, a hat and a mask.(4) Several potentially toxic chemicals are used as raw materials in the foam-manufacturing process.(5) He gave the medical cause of death as toxic injury caused by an unknown substance.(6) Formalin is a dangerous toxic chemical that should be handled with caution.(7) Alas, celebrations of the lowest and the last all present a chronic toxic hazard, an endless potential for slippage.(8) Central to the ability to protect our communities and families is exercising our right to know about toxic hazards.(9) All borehole waters caused toxic effects on the strawberry plants consistent with chloride injury.(10) It's so important to forgive and move forward, because that's negativity and it's toxic to the body and to the mind.(11) A favorable aspect from Mars bestows the faith to let go of toxic situations and to seek new and exciting adventures.(12) That process produces very toxic chemical and gaseous waste and should be avoided.(13) Campaigners looking to stop a Westbury cement works burning waste products are urging residents to have their blood tested for toxic chemicals.(14) And yet it's a fine balance, because Vitamin A is also known to be a highly toxic chemical for the foetus.(15) The aforementioned facts make justification for continued use of this toxic chemical questionable.(16) Such analysis, for example, leads to the conclusion that toxic waste should preferably be dumped on to the developing world.
(1) toxic waste :: giftige afval
(2) non-toxic :: nie-toksies
(3) toxic fumes :: giftige dampe
(4) toxic chemical :: giftige chemiese
(5) toxic gas :: giftige gas
(6) toxic shock syndrome :: giftige skok sindroom
(7) toxic substance :: giftige stof
1. poisonous ::
2. virulent ::
3. noxious ::
4. deadly ::
5. dangerous ::
6. harmful ::
7. injurious ::
8. pernicious ::
nontoxic, toxic, toxicities, toxicity
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Now it is.
Finally, hot water.
No more TOXIC waste.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
has become TOXIC.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 10
Has a strong TOXIC
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 2
-It's just water.
-Yes, TOXIC water.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
I think our relationship
has become TOXIC.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 11
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: toxic
Meaning and definitions of toxic, translation in Afrikaans language for toxic with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of toxic in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "toxic"
What toxic means in Afrikaans, toxic meaning
in Afrikaans, toxic definition, examples and pronunciation
of toxic in Afrikaans language.