Adjective(1) meant or adapted for an occasion or use, or fit, or fit(2) worthy of being chosen especially as a spouse
(1) Entries can only be returned if a suitable stamped addressed envelope is enclosed.(2) Just because something is already there does not make it suitable for the purpose.(3) The site is said to be suitable as an industrial distribution warehouse or service yard.(4) Finding good sites in suitable locations at realistic prices is a further problem.(5) After all, what's more suitable than a nice pair of trainers to help you keep on running?(6) A doctor also advised that the bed was neither necessary nor suitable for the couple.(7) The job has been advertised but so far it has not produced a suitable candidate.(8) It will have to be taped though I am not sure how suitable it is for a five-year-old.(9) A suitable donor has been found and will be called in if the operation goes ahead.(10) From this she can assess which skin areas to focus on and also whether the treatment is suitable .(11) If it is is not suitable for other uses it will be put on the open market for public auction.(12) This road has never been suitable for speed, nor has there ever been a major accident of any kind.(13) I'm not a fan so I don't know if this will outrage fans or be suitable homage to the series.(14) It has been agreed that a bed and breakfast would not be suitable in this case.(15) It may be possible to predict which troops are, and are not, suitable for deployment.(16) It immediately relieves dry skin, is unperfumed and is suitable for all types of skin.
(1) not suitable :: nie geskik nie
(2) be suitable :: geskik
(3) suitable time :: geskikte tyd
(4) be suitable for :: wees wat geskik is vir
(5) very suitable :: baie geskik
(6) suitable to :: geskik om
1. acceptable ::
2. appropriate ::
4. proper ::
5. well qualified ::
6. desirable ::
1. incompetent ::
2. inept ::
3. poor ::
4. unfit ::
5. unqualified ::
suitable, suitableness, unsuitable
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Tom, however, has been chosen by science
as a SUITABLE mate for Penny.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
...to make sure
that Missy chooses a SUITABLE mate.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
You will marry a SUITABLE woman
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
I trust you find
your chamber SUITABLE, my lady?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
And if you serve faithfully,
you will be rewarded with a SUITABLE wife.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: suitable
Meaning and definitions of suitable, translation in Afrikaans language for suitable with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of suitable in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "suitable"
What suitable means in Afrikaans, suitable meaning in Afrikaans, suitable definition, examples and pronunciation of suitable in Afrikaans language.