Verb(1) undergo or be subjected to(2) undergo (as of injuries and illnesses(3) experience (emotional(4) put up with something or somebody unpleasant(5) get worse(6) feel pain or be in pain(7) feel physical pain(8) feel unwell or uncomfortable(9) be given to(10) undergo or suffer(11) be set at a disadvantage
(1) Bird dismisses fears that editorial quality will suffer .(2) I won't suffer her bad manners(3) France will no longer suffer the existing government(4) you'll suffer for it yet!(5) my conscience would not suffer me to accept any more(6) Global support for Olympics will suffer if Games appear tainted(7) to suffer for your sins(8) Without it, quality will suffer at every level from the standard of research, thinking and writing to the number of typos.(9) Older children may suffer personality changes from mild to the extreme.(10) his relationship with Anne did suffer(11) the poor are going to suffer most(12) he didn't suffer any distress(13) the elderly suffer the effects of heat most(14) he won't suffer anyone else to do it(15) you'll never have to suffer them again(16) Quality television programmes will suffer as a ratings war between BBC and ITV sidelines them in favour of soaps, an independent producer warned.
(1) suffer from :: ly aan
(2) to suffer :: te ly
(3) suffer in silence :: ly in stilte
(4) suffer the consequences :: ly die gevolge
(5) suffer losses :: verliese ly
(6) suffer injury :: ly besering
(7) suffer from diarrhea :: ly aan diarree
(8) suffer from colic :: ly aan koliek
1. hurt ::
3. undergo ::
4. be impaired ::
5. tolerate ::
6. allow ::
7. ache ::
8. endure ::
9. lose ::
10. get ::
11. meet ::
1. ban ::
2. enjoin ::
3. forbid ::
4. prohibit ::
5. proscribe ::
6. veto ::
suffer, suffered, sufferer, sufferers, suffering, sufferings, suffers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Meaning what, exactly?
That I SUFFER for your carelessness?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 4
He shouldn't have to SUFFER
just because Howard's a big deal now.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
One hundred thirty beats.
He's going to SUFFER a heart attack.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
I have to. It's not right
she has to SUFFER alone.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
the innocents who SUFFER.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: suffer
Meaning and definitions of suffer, translation in Afrikaans language for suffer with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of suffer in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "suffer"
What suffer means in Afrikaans, suffer meaning
in Afrikaans, suffer definition, examples and pronunciation
of suffer in Afrikaans language.