Noun(1) a natural body of running water flowing on or under the earth(2) dominant course (suggestive of running water(3) the act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression(4) something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously(5) a steady flow of a fluid (usually from natural causes
Verb(1) to extend, wave or float outward, as if in the wind(2) exude profusely(3) move in large numbers(4) rain heavily(5) flow freely and abundantly
(1) Why should we be so dismissive of the grammar schools selection process when most schools stream students of similar ability for science, maths etc?(2) More than a fifth of the world's population seek their place in the world within a stream of history that flows from the Koran.(3) The notes flowed together like a stream of melody, and the tune was surprisingly more soulful than her rendition.(4) a perfect trout stream(5) You can either listen to the stream or download the mp3.(6) Bicycles were again in the spotlight at a local housing estate last week, which day in, day out plays host to a steady stream of fast moving traffic.(7) The body may be a stream of data, a container of nested parts, or an embedded message.(8) A stream of animals is flowing across the road, raising dust from hundreds and thousands of cloven hooves.(9) A variation of this uses a stream of gas or liquid in the rocket nozzle to divert the exhaust flow.(10) there is a steady stream of visitors(11) He noticed a stream of fresh blood flowing down the covers of the bedspread and onto the floor.(12) When noon arrives the room begins to fill again all through the lunch period as the players stream back in to see the results of the morning moves, and the diplomacy begins again for the next day.(13) A stream of liquid pours in through the broken window.(14) A steady stream of visitors from the school-system hierarchy also thronged the courtroom.(15) Kaia replied, a stream of tears flowing from her eyes, bright against the firelight.(16) They predicted that out of the tent - a temporary casino - would flow a stream of money unlike anything the destitute tribe had ever seen.
(1) stream of consciousness :: bewussynstroom
(2) data stream :: datastroom
(3) jet stream :: glipstroom
(4) science stream :: wetenskap stroom
(5) stream down :: stroom af
(6) small stream :: klein stroom
(7) main stream :: hoofstroom
(8) income stream :: inkomstestroom
(9) input stream :: insette stroom
(10) stream out :: stroom uit
1. creek ::
2. jet ::
3. succession ::
4. flow ::
5. watercourse ::
6. current ::
7. flow ::
8. pour ::
9. flutter ::
10. teem ::
11. well out ::
stream, streamed, streamer, streamers, streaming, streams
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, we did get to see
a live STREAM of it on the Internet.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
Did you know Netflix lets you
STREAM movies on your computer now?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
check her data STREAM.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 8
Anyway, Sheldon, we're at a decision point
to run the xenon STREAM
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 20
- That's a whole new revenue STREAM...
- All right, already. We're good.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: stream
Meaning and definitions of stream, translation in Afrikaans language for stream with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of stream in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "stream"
What stream means in Afrikaans, stream meaning
in Afrikaans, stream definition, examples and pronunciation
of stream in Afrikaans language.