Noun(1) a violent weather condition with winds 64-72 knots (11 on the Beaufort scale(2) a violent commotion or disturbance(3) a direct and violent assault on a stronghold
Verb(1) behave violently, as if in state of a great anger(2) take by force(3) rain, hail, or snow hard and be very windy, often with thunder or lightning(4) blow hard(5) attack by storm; attack suddenly
(1) The conversation deteriorated into calling each other daft names and I moved to storm out of his office with one final remark.(2) Travelling back to Orkney around 7.45 pm, the ferry lost power to its bow thruster and was left drifting in storm force winds.(3) But the storm 's winds and rain are still pretty much pounding that area.(4) The night was getting darker and the rain harder, and no car went by, the storm was so strong he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him.(5) two men were taken by a storm of bullets(6) The scheme was set for the go-ahead on Thursday but councillors decided to defer it for a site visit following a storm of objections from villagers.(7) The storm blew at full force, and the lightning was getting closer.(8) The lifeboat launched in storm force 10-12 winds to help a stricken yacht, the Dasher, which was adrift with three people on board.(9) His sidekick dies in a storm of gunfire while the don and his aide's wife are critically wounded.(10) Vancouverites wage a private war against Torontonians in a storm of jealousy and rivalry of which Toronto is completely unaware.(11) The storm 's winds were strong enough to uproot trees and to knock people off their feet.(12) The reality right now is that if you try the second project first, you may find yourself at the center of a furious storm .(13) However, I can already hear the thunder and lightning unleashing the fierce storm of the year.(14) I saw Wyatt pummeling Adrian under a storm of blows and I began to understand why I had not found a calling card from Ace.(15) Howard's remarks set off a storm of controversy.(16) The proposals for extra drinking time were met with a storm of protest from neighbours who said it would fuel late-night noise.
(1) ice storm :: Ys storm
(2) tropical storm :: tropiese storm
(3) brain storm :: brein storm
(4) storm drain :: storm dreineer
(5) storm cloud :: storm wolk
(6) eye of the storm :: oog van die storm
(7) storm door :: storm deur
(8) lightning storm :: weerlig storm
(9) storm clouds :: stormwolke
(10) storm surge :: stormvloed
1. windstorm ::
2. volley ::
3. uproar ::
4. outburst ::
5. violent storm ::
6. tempest ::
7. stride angrily ::
8. rant ::
9. attack ::
10. surprise ::
11. ramp ::
12. force ::
storm, stormed, stormily, storming, storms, stormy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- If we STORM the castle...
- He wouldn't dare hurt the boys.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
And when the STORM has passed, all shall be well.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 2
There's a STORM coming.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
Get ready, 'cause there is
a crap STORM of romance
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
I remember that STORM.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: storm
Meaning and definitions of storm, translation in Afrikaans language for storm with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of storm in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "storm"
What storm means in Afrikaans, storm meaning in Afrikaans, storm definition, examples and pronunciation of storm in Afrikaans language.