Pronoun(1) a thing that is unspecified or unknown.(2) used in various expressions indicating that a description or amount being stated is not exact.
Adverb(1) used for emphasis with a following adjective functioning as an adverb.(2) to some extent; somewhat.
(1) grassland totaling something over three hundred acres(2) a wry look, something between amusement and regret(3) It must hurt something terrible.(4) that'll give her something to think about(5) well, that's something, anyway(6) If you want us to stop thinking of you that way, you could try going and being successful at something .(7) The biker then stopped and made several hand gestures and shouted something at me.(8) It was something that we were all terribly proud to be able to be associated with.(9) I'll go mad without something to do(10) there's something in what he said(11) he did something or other in the Civil Service(12) When you wait at the dentist's they at least provide you with something to read.(13) It filled him with a conviction that there is something terribly wrong with this world.(14) it's something of a mystery to me(15) it'll take something around ├ö├®┬╝1500(16) there were something like fifty applications
(1) something else :: iets anders
(2) something like that :: iets soos dit
(3) say something :: sê iets
(4) something new :: iets nuuts
(5) something like :: iets soos
(6) or something :: of iets
(7) something like this :: iets soos hierdie
(8) something in the way :: iets in die pad
(9) something to drink :: Iets om te drink
1. something ::
2. any ::
3. somewhat ::
4. some ::
5. aught ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No, no notes.
If you have SOMETHING to say to me, say it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
once we get it, then we
want SOMETHING else.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
we could do SOMETHING grown-up.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
Give me SOMETHING for the pain
and let me die.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
SOMETHING she already
thinks you are.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: something
Meaning and definitions of something, translation in Afrikaans language for something with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of something in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "something"
What something means in Afrikaans, something meaning in Afrikaans, something definition, examples and pronunciation of something in Afrikaans language.