(1) You are at a party, and you have been chatting to somebody who seems very nice.(2) Well, somebody has decided to do something similar, if not exactly what I had in mind.(3) More dangerously, there is the advice to get somebody who has a nosebleed to tip their head back.(4) When is somebody going to take responsibility for these costly failures and mistakes?(5) I'd like to be somebody(6) It is impossible to write an honest letter to somebody who may send it on to a third party.(7) It's terrific to be working with somebody who has the whole thing in perspective.(8) We are not interested in somebody who makes nominal moves on school improvement.(9) If you catch a big rainbow trout in a loch or river then make no mistake - somebody reared it and fed it.(10) Now they are hoping somebody will help them start their project all over again.(11) It is only a matter of time before somebody is killed in one of these cowardly attacks.(12) If ever there was somebody who looked like an all-action-hero pilot, it was this guy.(13) Claire decided that she must have fallen asleep at the party, and somebody had taken her home.(14) From the very first time we met he came out to me as being somebody who would take the type of approach we needed at the club.(15) The best thing to do, if you can, is to pass your expenses on for somebody else to bear.(16) Could somebody older please tell me what they know now, so that I can make use of it when I am an adult?
(1) some body :: sommige liggaam
(2) somebody else :: iemand anders
(3) be somebody :: wees iemand
(4) somebody like you :: iemand soos jy
(5) with somebody :: met iemand
(6) rip somebody off :: rip iemand af
1. important person ::
2. VIP ::
3. public figure ::
4. notable ::
5. dignitary ::
6. worthy ::
7. someone ::
8. big name ::
9. household name ::
10. newsmaker ::
11. celebrity ::
12. star ::
13. superstar ::
14. grandee ::
15. luminary ::
16. leading light ::
17. celeb ::
18. bigwig ::
19. big shot ::
20. big cheese ::
21. hotshot ::
22. megastar ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, didn't mean to kill SOMEBODY?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
Oh, hell, I'd be mad too
if SOMEBODY owed me 500 bucks.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
See SOMEBODY, eh?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
and reported SOMEBODY
for cutting the line.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
I'll be bringing SOMEBODY,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: somebody
Meaning and definitions of somebody, translation in Afrikaans language for somebody with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of somebody in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "somebody"
What somebody means in Afrikaans, somebody meaning in Afrikaans, somebody definition, examples and pronunciation of somebody in Afrikaans language.