sedertvandatvan toe af
Preposition(1) in the intervening period between (the time mentioned) and the time under consideration, typically the present.(2) for the reason that: because.(3) ago.
(1) The banks will reclaim the funds from the retailer, but the goods have long since gone.(2) I met him there a few days since(3) she has suffered from depression since she was sixteen(4) The club's long since gone but the memories of those starry nights have never faded.(5) the worst property slump since the war(6) The sun had long since faded by this time and the sky was growing darker by the minute.(7) My father who started the business has long since given up trying to make me like him.(8) it hadn't long since ended(9) Many more elsewhere are struggling since visitors found a reason to stay at home.(10) I have to go since I'm her friend(11) they're long since gone home(12) It is hard to believe that a year has passed since then and it is a significant milestone in her fight for life.(13) They have long since ceased to be amazed at the number of shopping trolleys they find.(14) Wales had long since been conquered, but it was still very much alive as a country.(15) it's five years since the accident(16) Things may have picked up for Celtic since then but I see no reason to change my advice.
(1) ever since :: vandat
(2) since then :: sedertdien
(3) since when :: van wanneer af
(4) since yesterday :: sedert gister
(5) since that time :: sedert daardie tyd
(6) since last year :: sedert laas jaar
(7) since ever :: nog altyd
(8) since that :: aangesien dit
(9) since birth :: sedert geboorte
(10) since childhood :: van kleins af
1. because ::
2. as ::
3. inasmuch as ::
Vir sover as
4. for the reason that ::
vir die rede dat
1. hence ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Since we're talking
about missing property,
did you, um?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
Since it's not happening
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 23
And ever SINCE, you've been mean.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
Since the Philippines.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
Well, Stephanie, SINCE Leonard seems
to be dropping the conversational ball...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: since
Meaning and definitions of since, translation in Afrikaans language for since with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of since in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "since"
What since means in Afrikaans, since meaning in Afrikaans, since definition, examples and pronunciation of since in Afrikaans language.