Noun(1) dense vegetation consisting of stunted trees or bushes(2) the act of cleaning a surface by rubbing it with a brush and soap and water
Verb(1) clean with hard rubbing(2) wash thoroughly(3) postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled
Adjective(1) (of domestic animals
(1) Shower gels and a nice bath scrubby, maybe a little pot of sugar scrub .(2) When using an alcohol-based surgical hand scrub with persistent activity, follow the manufacturer's instructions.(3) Coastal rock and scrub habitats are easily distinguished by the species present and by the geographical location.(4) To win, the system should be able to scrub the equivalent of at least a billion tons of the greenhouse gas a year.(5) Images of barren trees, dry scrub and leaf-scattered ground present the rural Virginia landscape in December.(6) She urged anyone coming into contact with the water to scrub up with soap and water.(7) it took ages to scrub off the muck(8) Performing a surgical hand scrub before a surgical procedure is intended to reduce the number of microorganisms.(9) We scrub down our kitchens and bathrooms with antimicrobial cleansers, make sure to cook our hamburgers thoroughly and swallow antibiotics to treat strep throat infections.(10) In rural southwest Georgia, Highway 137 heads out of tiny Buena Vista, past neatly kept lawns, then through patches of kudzu and stands of scrub pine.(11) a former All-Star reduced to the role of scrub(12) I usually only scrub the front tyre when I get into a turn too hot(13) Well it took me 3 days to scrub the burnt rice off that pan.(14) By spending less than 1 - 2 minutes to give yourself a whole-body scrub from head to toe, you can boost the skin's resistance to outside temperature change.(15) the wind tore across scrub and heathland(16) If you're rushed in the shower, smooth feet with an oil-based salt or sugar scrub .
(1) body scrub :: liggaam skrop
(2) scrub nurse :: skrop verpleegster
(3) scrub in :: skrop in
(4) facial scrub :: gesig skrop
(5) scrub cream :: skrop room
1. brush ::
2. chaparral ::
4. scour ::
5. scrub up ::
6. cancel ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
seeing if you
could SCRUB it off?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
Not so hard. You'll SCRUB the skin off.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
I've had teams in the Mesa
SCRUB each and every floor.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
and SCRUB like a housemaid,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
SCRUB the floor,
empty my chamber pot, brush my hair.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: scrub
Meaning and definitions of scrub, translation in Afrikaans language for scrub with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of scrub in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "scrub"
What scrub means in Afrikaans, scrub meaning in Afrikaans, scrub definition, examples and pronunciation of scrub in Afrikaans language.