Adjective(1) used of locations; having beautiful natural scenery(2) of or relating to the stage or stage scenery
(1) He was an editor, cartoonist, film maker and scenic artist with ABC television before his solo exhibition with Watters Gallery in Sydney in 1966.(2) Sir William Davenant rewrote the play to suit the tastes and concerns of Restoration audiences and the scenic possibilities of Restoration playhouses in 1664.(3) It was first applied in the Theatre of Dionysus at Athens in the second half of the 5th century BC, when drama began to require more elaborate scenic arrangements.(4) The walk will cover some of the most scenic coastal routes around Cape Town and the Cape of Good Hope.(5) Please keep our town, and our beautiful scenic environment tidy, and litter free.(6) Kauai delivers breathtaking scenic views and a world of phenomenal sights.(7) The walk will be suitable for all age groups and will be a pleasant afternoons activity taking in some lovely scenic views.(8) He could not have picked a better or more scenic location.(9) As is commonplace in this region of the county the surroundings are the main attraction with scenic views and a quiet country lifestyle on offer.(10) This is a beautiful part of the mountains with some lovely scenic views.(11) Later still, in Rome, sketches of low life performed by several actors with masks and scenic effects became so popular that they drove both tragedy and comedy from the stage.(12) The Garden route is one of the country's most scenic drives.(13) He currently teaches theatrical scenic design at the Bullis School in Potomac, Maryland.(14) The beautiful building, scenic surroundings, and superior staff will make you feel like royalty, living in a real palace.(15) She trained in theatre design at Bristol Old Vic and worked as a designer, scenic artist and prop-maker for 15 years.(16) We did take the more scenic route, and it took about an hour each way.
(1) scenic spot :: unieke plek
(2) scenic route :: skilderagtige roete
(3) scenic beauty :: natuurskoon
(4) scenic view :: pragtige uitsig
(5) scenic railway :: skilderagtige spoorlyn
1. picturesque ::
2. pretty ::
3. pleasing ::
4. attractive ::
5. lovely ::
6. beautiful ::
7. charming ::
8. pretty as a picture ::
mooi soos 'n prentjie
9. easy on the eye ::
maklik op die oog
10. impressive ::
11. striking ::
12. spectacular ::
13. breathtaking ::
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: scenic
Meaning and definitions of scenic, translation in Afrikaans language for scenic with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of scenic in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "scenic"
What scenic means in Afrikaans, scenic meaning in Afrikaans, scenic definition, examples and pronunciation of scenic in Afrikaans language.