Noun(1) an elastic material obtained from the latex sap of trees (especially trees of the genera Hevea and Ficus(2) any of various synthetic elastic materials whose properties resemble natural rubber(3) a contest consisting of a series of successive matches between the same sides(4) an eraser made of rubber (or of a synthetic material with properties similar to rubber(5) contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse(6) a waterproof overshoe that protects shoes from water or snow
Verb(1) coat or impregnate with rubber
Adjective(1) returned for lack of funds
(1) Ask the children to take two pencils (perhaps red and blue), a rubber , a pencil sharpener and a ruler from their pencil cases.(2) I was shocked to see that it had rubber tires rather than steel wheels.(3) So the pitcher steps off the rubber , rubs the ball in his hands, the stitches chafe across his palms, familiar and welcome.(4) When working with any finish, open windows and wear a respirator and latex or rubber gloves.(5) Cawood's unbeaten third pair, Richard and Robert Taylor, dropped only one game in the first rubber scoring 24 overall.(6) Often, parents or caregivers are not aware of the risk of sensitivity to natural rubber latex.(7) Bubwith's Doug Smith and Shaun Pinchbeck did well to win a rubber and score 18.(8) My son's pencil case contains a pencil, a ruler, pencil sharpener and a rubber .(9) The company specializes in handcrafted, original woodblock rubber stamps.(10) A pickoff move is only legal if the pitcher steps off the rubber before trying to throw a base runner out.(11) If they take all the tricks they score four games and thus win the rubber immediately.(12) I fixed it with rubber elastic bands to reduce vibrations and noise.(13) Mikki was explaining the details while messing about with a small electric pump and ten feet of black rubber tubing.(14) Many of those rescued had been blown out to sea on rubber dinghies.(15) Four games in, the rubber was locked at 2-2 with Ashley looking to take the upper hand.(16) I think most guys would wear a rubber , but for some reason, guys get the opportunity to have sex when they least expect it, and therefore don't have protection with them.
(1) rubber band :: rekkie
(2) rubber gloves :: rubberhandskoene
(3) rubber duck :: rubberboot
(4) rubber ducky :: rubber snoes
(5) rubber hose :: tuinslang
(6) rubber tube :: rubber tube
(7) rubber glove :: rubber handskoen
(8) rubber ring :: rubberring
(9) foam rubber :: skuimrubber
1. synthetic rubber ::
2. safety ::
3. galosh ::
4. caoutchouc ::
5. rubber eraser ::
7. no-good ::
nie goed nie
rubber, rubberize, rubberizes, rubbers, rubbery
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...and glued a big-eyed RUBBER alien mask
to the outside of my window.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 2
Where others saw a dirt lot,
he saw black lights, RUBBER aliens...
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
And RUBBER gloves, air freshener...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
It can cut through steel
like it was RUBBER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
The pencil's RUBBER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 18
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: rubber
Meaning and definitions of rubber, translation in Afrikaans language for rubber with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of rubber in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "rubber"
What rubber means in Afrikaans, rubber meaning in Afrikaans, rubber definition, examples and pronunciation of rubber in Afrikaans language.